DynoMax Bullet Mufflers

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Sorry to say but im sick of my Flowmaster Super 40's. Nearly all muscle cars have some sort of flowmaster and they dont have the best flow rates either. Instead im going with a new x-pipe w/ cutout system. Im also looking at the DynoMax Bullet mufflers. If anyone has used them please let me know. Also i still want to listen to the stereo in my car so i dont want it "open header" loud. Thanks

I know they're not bullet mufflers, but I have the Dynomax Super Turbos. Mine might have the inlet and exit on the same end but I think the others still sound the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DylKXYZ-oUc

They really aren't terribly loud even with side exit. if you had rear exit exhaust they'd probably be pretty quiet.

Bullets will be loud. Think about the dynomax oval ultraflows. I have them on my 64 w/an x pipe. Nice sound at idle, minor drone at cruise. Not barky at full throttle either..

Bob

Forgot to mention, I replaced my 40 series flows with these and never had any regrets. My car has a higher pitched sound when compared to flowmasters.. At the track my car runs the same cutouts open or full exhaust.

Bob

Bullets are LOUD. I love 'em on a healthy motor, but they are NOT stereo friendly. I HATE the flowmasters, especially on something with a big cam & lots of compression. The main purpose of Flowmasters is to make stock motors sound "tough".

Alright thats good to know. I only drive my car on the weekends and i want it to be noticed but not unbarable to drive.

I used to run Thrush Professionals (3" id glasspacks about 18" long) on my Duster back in the eighties, which were similar to the bullets, but longer, even they were pretty loud.

did you have a full exhaust or did it dump after the muffler...i know that having a full exhaust and tips will tone it down a bit...

It was a 440, and I just ran 'em right off the end of the collectors, hanging under the doors. I was in my twenties, it had a big cam, it was COOL. The bullets are louder. I have first hand experience with 3.5" bullets on a 750+hp BB Chevy with tailpipes.They were LOUD. I mean setting off car alarms loud.

Should also mention, as far as I know, the Thrush Proffessionals havent been available since the late eighties which is a shame, because I liked them. They were the first generation of mufflers that were specifically designed for race cars that required mufflers. They were nice on the street, fairly loud but a nice mellow tone, and only slowed my car about a tenth.

My 340 is about 375-400HP so nothing to extreme....The only thing im worried about is the interior noise with the bullets..the link near the top of this thread shows a 72'cuda that sounds really nice...not to loud though

Several guys have talked about the Walker Super Turbos on here, I like them. Theree was a clip posted a few days ago of a red Dart with a small-block that is probably pretty similar to what you are running, had a DC 509 purple shaft in it, has reasonably quiet, sounded good. That is probably more like what would suit your needs. The bullets might be fun for the first few days, but I think they would wear on your nerves after a while. I like the Hooker Maxi-Flows too, although they are pricier.

My next muffler is going to the the Cherry Bomb Vortex...hands down. Check it out on the website and search YouTube for some clips. They outflow Flowmaster like crazy, and sound better IMO..

It's either those, or the 2.5" Chambered Powersticks I have sitting in my garage, which I'm feeling will be too loud for my everyday driving. Bulletts may be even louder...

"to my loved ones, please dont overhaul me. Ever."

ROFLMAO! I have already told my loved ones "Dont EVER do this"

-
Back