Dynomax race bullets on street

-

7dart0

Reaction score
I'm gonna change up my exhaust. I currently have dual magnaflow knockoffs exiting in front of each rear tire. No cross over.

I want to run an x pipe exiting in front of each tire but I'm kinda not dead set on bullets. I want best flowing, small package, not pricey maybe under $60 each, aggressive sound.

Any possible suggestions?

There have been some flow comparisons on mufflers and Dynomax have done well. FWIW, I have run Dynomax UltraFlo and went to their their Bullet mufflers on my race car with a TTI 3" exhaust & X-pipe. Both are pretty much straight-through mufflers and I've gotten compliments on both at the track. While it was a big difference from open headers (Scared me the first few times because I heard noised I never heard before!), the bullets are noticeably louder. I think they would still be pretty loud for a street car, especially when you get on it. But there may be someone who actually does have them on the street for a first hand opinion. I would suggest a more expensive stainless muffler because the UltraFlos rusted faster than expected. However, I do live in the normally humid state of Florida.

I had a buddy buy a set of these recently. Aren’t under $60 though.

Dynomax bullets run in the $20-$60 range depending on length and pipe size
Jegs has a nice copy #555-30292 18''x3'' (about $44) that I ran on my 65 Belvedere BB 451,no X-over dumped at the rear axle.
Depends on how much street driving you do.You may consider them loud. I liked the sound, used them for a street class that required mufflers and also drove it on the street .My plan is to use them again on a 63 Belvedere project small block this summer.
Jegs has a video of the dynomax bullets in action.

Dynomax bullets run in the $20-$60 range depending on length and pipe size
Jegs has a nice copy #555-30292 18''x3'' (about $44) that I ran on my 65 Belvedere BB 451,no X-over dumped at the rear axle.
Depends on how much street driving you do.You may consider them loud. I liked the sound, used them for a street class that required mufflers and also drove it on the street .My plan is to use them again on a 63 Belvedere project small block this summer.
Jegs has a video of the dynomax bullets in action.
Thanks I'll look for the video. I drive it about 3k miles a season plus about a dozen times at the strip.

If you buy the round mufflers a little more packing then the bullets and deeper tone, both straight through design, had both on my srt4 with big turbo drive on the street all the time, they do get loud once you get on it but they sound good, if I can clear them I'm going with the rounds on my build

If you buy the round mufflers a little more packing then the bullets and deeper tone, both straight through design, had both on my srt4 with big turbo drive on the street all the time, they do get loud once you get on it but they sound good, if I can clear them I'm going with the rounds on my build
I have 10 or 12"(cant remember right off hand) x 3 1/2" bullet mufflers,
W/ 3 1/2" spiral inserts about 1/2 way up inside them tackwelded in place, no crossover ,fairly loud , no drone , very free flowing , dumped in front of the rear axle.

I have 10 or 12"(cant remember right off hand) x 3 1/2" bullet mufflers,
W/ 3 1/2" spiral inserts about 1/2 way up inside them tackwelded in place, no crossover ,fairly loud , no drone , very free flowing , dumped in front of the rear axle.

are those inserts something you made or is it off the shelf?

are those inserts something you made or is it off the shelf?

Bought both , mufflers and inserts from speedway, try their website. They have probly gone up a little in price since I built mine, I don`t think I`ve got a $100 in the whole thing. THE 3 1/2" PIPE WAS THE MOST EXPENSIVE . 2 3FT PIECES.

-
Back