e 85

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
My fast 2.0 system will run on alcohol or gas, any one got any opinions on switching back and forth or things a guy has to do when garaging a car for , say , a week using e 85 ??

My fast 2.0 system will run on alcohol or gas, any one got any opinions on switching back and forth or things a guy has to do when garaging a car for , say , a week using e 85 ??

I don’t know about switching back and forth but I do know you need to check all E85 that comes out of a pump. Many times it’s not close to E85. I’m sure the EFI can account for some discrepancies in actual ethanol content, but how much room for adjustment there is I can’t say.

I don’t know about switching back and forth but I do know you need to check all E85 that comes out of a pump. Many times it’s not close to E85. I’m sure the EFI can account for some discrepancies in actual ethanol content, but how much room for adjustment there is I can’t say.

Thanks , but was wondering about corrosion problems and such , the pure alcohol racers have a procedure that they do after every race , or used to , to clean the system.
Guessing a guy would have to about completely empty the tank when switching , either way .
My lines and all are alcohol resistant , dont know about the newer stock type steel tank.

Thanks , but was wondering about corrosion problems and such , the pure alcohol racers have a procedure that they do after every race , or used to , to clean the system.
Guessing a guy would have to about completely empty the tank when switching , either way .
My lines and all are alcohol resistant , dont know about the newer stock type steel tank.

We can’t get corn fuel anywhere near me. I have a buddy that lives about 2 hours away and he uses it. I’ll call him and ask him about corrosion and such. He’s been using E85 for the last 7-8 years and I don’t remember him saying anything about cleaning the fuel system or other issues like you can have with methanol.

What would concern me most is the lack of additives in the e85. When e85 is being loaded into a tanker you cannot inject additive into ethanol per the epa. With that being said there is hardly any detergents, lubricity, etc going into it. Lubricity would be my main concern since ethanol dries anything rubber out. Running a week here and there might not be bad but I personally wouldn't put e85 in anything I own.

Out here....all the stations get there E85 from tanker cars...so it is all the same...we do not switch to a winter blend...I have a test kit and every place seems to be right around 85 to 87 percent.....

I have been using the same steel braided line on 71 Dart for 16 years....1st with gasoline and now e85 for the pass 7 years....In fact the car sits all winter with e85 in the tank and hoses....getting ready to start it up this coming week for the race this coming weekend...still have about 15 gallons sitting in cans i plan to use.....

Out here....all the stations get there E85 from tanker cars...so it is all the same...we do not switch to a winter blend...I have a test kit and every place seems to be right around 85 to 87 percent.....

I have been using the same steel braided line on 71 Dart for 16 years....1st with gasoline and now e85 for the pass 7 years....In fact the car sits all winter with e85 in the tank and hoses....getting ready to start it up this coming week for the race this coming weekend...still have about 15 gallons sitting in cans i plan to use.....

Yep, my buddy has said he’s never seen lower than 84% out here. And he says corrosion isn’t an issue.

I run e85. Don’t have problems with corrosion. I’ve had to let it sit in the tank for 6 months. Drained and flushed and refilled it and it seems fine. If you want to switch back and forth or blend it, you’ll need flex fuel type sensors. I’m unsure of fast2.0 has that software to run a flex sensor. I know mega squirt is capable.

I run e85. Don’t have problems with corrosion. I’ve had to let it sit in the tank for 6 months. Drained and flushed and refilled it and it seems fine. If you want to switch back and forth or blend it, you’ll need flex fuel type sensors. I’m unsure of fast2.0 has that software to run a flex sensor. I know mega squirt is capable.

Are you checking to see what the ethanol percentage is? Evidently this was an issue at one time but it seems this has been cleaned up.

If I could get corn fuel locally I’d switch in a New York second.

Are you checking to see what the ethanol percentage is? Evidently this was an issue at one time but it seems this has been cleaned up.

If I could get corn fuel locally I’d switch in a New York second.

I don’t check percentages. I don’t really care. I tuned for what I think is the highest percentage of ethanol, 85%. If it ends up with more gasoline, then i end up with a more rich air fuel ratio and no damage is done. I don’t run on a razors edge of detonation where a slight mistake in calculations or a fuel control error would become catastrophic. I’m not going for a win in races.

I do have fuel maps that I can easily upload if I feel the fueling is too rich, too lean and it’ll change the entire spectrum 1 % at a time.

-
Back