E body guy from Oregon checking in.

-
Welcome, only thing I don't like about E-bodies is that I don't have one, or the means to afford one.......... Dang it!
You bet missing linc I was born broke and still have most of that left. LOL

Welcome, only thing I don't like about E-bodies is that I don't have one, or the means to afford one.......... Dang it!

Well, I was lucky enough to buy mine as a shell for a really good price, otherwise I would have had to done something else. A Duster was a consideration, but they are not cheap anymore either for something in good shape. Let's face it, if it a Mopar, it is going to cost more then other manufactures. These cars have to built because you love, and enjoy them. These don't make sense any other way.

Well, I was lucky enough to buy mine as a shell for a really good price, otherwise I would have had to done something else. A Duster was a consideration, but they are not cheap anymore either for something in good shape. Let's face it, if it a Mopar, it is going to cost more then other manufactures. These cars have to built because you love, and enjoy them. These don't make sense any other way.
I had 2 chances at 70 Challengers loonng looonnng ago, but only lint in my pockets. Both were triple black, first one was a 318 column shift automatic car, around 1979 or so, asking price was $1800.00, second one was a U code, automatic, blown trans, around 1985 or 86, asking price on that one was either $4500.00 or $5000.00. Now if I had that chance again today.................

I had 2 chances at 70 Challengers loonng looonnng ago, but only lint in my pockets. Both were triple black, first one was a 318 column shift automatic car, around 1979 or so, asking price was $1800.00, second one was a U code, automatic, blown trans, around 1985 or 86, asking price on that one was either $4500.00 or $5000.00. Now if I had that chance again today.................

Interesting time line, that was about the same time as I was selling my Challengers. I had a 1970 with a 340, 4 speed, Rallye dash and hood. It was original Plum Crazy car that had been painted a burgundy color. It was hit in the rear quarter along with being curbed hard in the front. I bought it to fix up. I think I sold it for something around $700. My other car was a 1972 with a 318, column shift in F7 green pictured below. I had replaced the green vinyl top with a black one, and added a T/A style rear spoiler. I think that I sold the car for around $2,000 in 1987 or so. If I would have kept either one of those cars, I would have been so far ahead. My shell alone cost more then what I sold my other two Challengers combined.
26220656_10210767555331972_8573320665717048384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from the paint shop, so the most recent picture of my Challenger.

20190320_104532.jpg

-
Back