E Brake Cable Routing

-

WayneShelton

Reaction score
I know where the cable goes through the torsion bar crossmember, on our 71 Duster. However, I'm a bit lost as to how it runs from the firewall to the crossmember. Any photos or farther explanation would be very helpful and appreciated.

Here you go. This from my parts '70 dart. My '71 has the same set-up (no intermediate cable).

IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

Any tricks for fishing the cable through the frame box area? I am having a bear of a time getting the cable through there. Easy enough to get the threaded end and the cable portion through but the cbale sheath with the snap in clip is not going. I have A 70 Dart Swinger. Thanks!!

<Update .... With a bore scope, a little die grinder work and some minor sheet metal bender I was able to modify the opening to the point where I could fish it through>

Last edited:
Any tricks for fishing the cable through the frame box area? I am having a bear of a time getting the cable through there. Easy enough to get the threaded end and the cable portion through but the cbale sheath with the snap in clip is not going. I have A 70 Dart Swinger. Thanks!!

<Update .... With a bore scope, a little die grinder work and some minor sheet metal bender I was able to modify the opening to the point where I could fish it through>
Im still having troubles even getting the cable portion through.. what was your secret there. I keep hitting a spot where the cable just wont move.. even tried fishing it through.. Damn I hope i dont have to remove a ton of stuff to get in there..

Finally got it.. with a little help from my brother, and along screw driver to keep it from jamming up as it was feed through.

-
Back