E brake help

-

dicksmidlac

Reaction score
What year a body's have the e brake cable running down drivers side with different length cables to backing plates.My 74 Dart Sport has the one with hooks and same length rear cables and I'd like to change it.Thanks

Brakes ? change. there 2 set ups . but rebuild what u have. change or did u change the rear end. But 4 real all any car remove tires brake drums remove backing plates on most any car . point is parking brake stays with backing plates car any car.. then remove rear end housing. order new cables 4 park install on u r car and live.

Brakes ? change. there 2 set ups . but rebuild what u have. change or did u change the rear end. But 4 real all any car remove tires brake drums remove backing plates on most any car . point is parking brake stays with backing plates car any car.. then remove rear end housing. order new cables 4 park install on u r car and live.
I don't like how the E brake crosses over under the transmission so I'd like run the single cable down the drivers side and then cross it over at the the rear of the car with the different length rear cables.I just need to know what car I can get the bracket that holds the 2 cables on the drivers side at the back.Hope this makes sense.

My 68 and 69 Barracudas are both as you say . I think my 70 Dart was also same.

But IDK how the wheelbase differences might stack up. Barracudas are 108s and the 70up Darts are 111s. I think your Sport is same as Duster; 108wb ..I think my 70 Duster was also same; so looks like 70 to 72 Duster is your best bet for cables, and any A-body 68 to 72 at least for the bracket.
I'm guessing.

But like Charles mill says; to run this type of early cables; the ends are different from yours and will not hook up inside the rear drums..... unless you also swap on the earlier style backing plates and brake arms and probably the struts as well. And the backing plates would also have to match yours as to diameter and width of the shoes.

-
Back