Eagle Head swap on 06 5.7 Block Questions

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I am in the middle of building a 5.7 Hemi for my A-body and had a few questions regarding the eagle head swap. I have some Eagle Heads off a 2010 5.7 Hemi and everywhere I have read states that you need custom length pushrods when putting them on a 2008 or earlier block. I also am aware of the higher compression ratio due to the smaller chamber. Are there any off the shelf pushrods that are available that would not require me to use custom length pushrods? I plan on running either a comp 273 or shop hemi ST-3a camshaft. What has anyone in the past done when swapping to the newer eagle heads? Also, does anyone currently run the stock rocker arms with an aftermarket cam? I have found limited information on the limits of the factory rocker arm assembly.

Thanks

I am just finishing a eagle head swap on mine and should fire it up this week. They took off 0.005 to clean up the heads and I am using 0.075 head gaskets, and have a comp 268 cam. So my math for pushrod length may be different than yours... I measured to the best of my ability with mult rechecks and ended up ordering 6.750 for intake and 8.050 for exhaust (preload included). I also compared to another user with a comp cam and his lengths were really close to mine... I bought them through trend performance, they have all lengths in stock in 0.025 increments. Good prices and they looks really nice, looking at pics that’s where I think MMX gets them from...

As far as cam, if I didn’t already have the 268 in the car I would have gone with a Arrington cam, the greater exhaust duration on their cams will in theory help the flow mismatch of the ports of the eagle head. (Like 55% instead of desired 70%)

I don’t think you’ll find a big problem with the factory rockers at that size cam, but I’d be sure you’ve got enough spring for it!

Joe
AF2E1E81-3852-4B51-A681-450287BA3977.jpeg

Thank you joeboy for the information. It looks like I will have to do my measurements and go through that vendor to get them some they have a wide range of sizes available. Thanks for the info on the stock rockers too.

-
Back