Early A '65 22" Radiator Shroud Bracket Question

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I don't know if the driver's side of the shroud was attached in the same manner as the passenger side so let me ask here and find out. My Formula S radiator (had factory A/C-now missing parts) has two brackets on the passenger side for the shroud. I wonder if it is missing the same style two brackets for the driver's side?

Rad bracket 1.JPG

rad bracket 2.JPG

I don't know if the driver's side of the shroud was attached in the same manner as the passenger side so let me ask here and find out. My Formula S radiator (had factory A/C-now missing parts) has two brackets on the passenger side for the shroud. I wonder if it is missing the same style two brackets for the driver's side?

View attachment 1715668674

View attachment 1715668676
I'm pretty sure they are the same!

Yes, you should have them on both sides, and they are hard to find. I would make 2 more and use them on the bottom and put the factory ones up top. I think they repop these brackets for a B-body but they are different, most don’t know till they try them

I recall the shroud was metal in 1965 and those are very rare and valuable today. Most probably rusted away or were just tossed by a gomer mechanic decades ago.

I recall the shroud was metal in 1965 and those are very rare and valuable today. Most probably rusted away or were just tossed by a gomer mechanic decades ago.

1966 Also, they made a 19” & a 22” one, metal may have been available in 64 a-body also not sure. They were 2 piece shrouds, easily lost if removed and yes many rusted away....definitely rare

Is this fabricated shroud shown in the first two photos made of some kind of aluminum? I would like to have someone fabricate a similar one for me. I just wonder what material was used?

shroud home made 1.JPG

shroud home made 2.JPG

65-69_V8-fan-shroud_1.jpg

65-69_V8-fan-shroud_2.jpg

fan shroud '65 22 inch.jpeg

fan shroud '65 22 inch 2.jpeg

-
Back