Early A back seats

-

stretch

I cut my cars!
Reaction score
I have a '65 Valiant 100. My plan is to swap out the front bench seat for a pair of '65 Barracuda seats that I already have. I want to change my interior color from the factory blue to a bright red. My question concerns the rear seat. Is the Dart rear seat shape the same as the Valiant's rear seat? I see seat cover sets are available for the darts. I'm guessing there is no option for buckets in a valiant and the barracuda rear set is complacently different for obvious reasons.

I haven't completely ruled out a custom (stock appearing) interior. I'd like to avoid that mostly do to cost but also because I live in a very rural area and there is no good interior shop within at least 200 to 300 miles.

The Valiant 100 never came with buckets; however, 65 Signet had buckets up front with rear bench, which is probably the same as your 100. I believe Legendary makes a complete interior for the Signet so you should be able to get a Signet interior in red.

Legendary will also do custom interiors. I am using 66 bucket seats with a 64/66 Barracuda fold down rear seat in my 65 wagon (yes the Barracuda rear fold down Seat is a direct bolt in using the Barracuda brackets). They did the interior in the 66 Barracuda pattern in the one year only 65 blue metallic for the buckets and rear seat.

I put the front buckets and rear seat from an 80's Thunderbird in my 66 Signet
very little modifications where needed.

I have a '65 Valiant 100. My plan is to swap out the front bench seat for a pair of '65 Barracuda seats that I already have. I want to change my interior color from the factory blue to a bright red. My question concerns the rear seat. Is the Dart rear seat shape the same as the Valiant's rear seat? I see seat cover sets are available for the darts. I'm guessing there is no option for buckets in a valiant and the barracuda rear set is complacently different for obvious reasons.

I haven't completely ruled out a custom (stock appearing) interior. I'd like to avoid that mostly do to cost but also because I live in a very rural area and there is no good interior shop within at least 200 to 300 miles.
Darts have a longer back seat. My 4door parts car dart has the seat coming forwards a bit and then straight down to the floor well area. the valiants that I have seen stop at the ledge and don't have that extension. red and black lines show the difference

-0158.JPG

I cheated and used a 1996 Chrysler sebring interior (front and rear for me convertible.)
The wife wanted seat belts in the car
DSCF2878.JPG
DSCF2882.jpg
DSCF2883.jpg
DSCF2884.jpg
DSCF2885.jpg
DSCF2888.jpg

-
Back