Not open for further replies.

guido

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of 340 motor mounts to swap my 1964 cuda 273 to a 340 engine. Anyone have a set for sale? I know mine can be modified,, but I'm trying to buy a ready to install set to save time on the lift. Worst case I would be interested in a stock set of 273 mounts I can modify before getting started and have them ready to go in
Angelo aka Guido

i know, with no returns if they are not correct. I spoke with the ebay seller, nice enough guy. but the price seems high. hoping to find some here on FABO

I understand...we're in good company here!!!

Damn, a few washers would be a hell of alot cheaper to make the mounts you already have work! 65'

check out some truck mounts, IIRC you can cut them to make them work instead of shimming a 318's probably 1/3rd the price of real 340-360 mounts.

I'm going to let this thread run a while maybe I'll get lucky, still a few weeks out from doing the swap if all else fails I have this
Screenshot_20220120-073335_Chrome.jpg

Not sure how those truck mounts would work out
I'm using someone's lift I was hoping to have correct motor mounts to speed up the swap and not tie up his lift modifying mounts.

I found a motor mount article 'JimBowenTheHolyGrailofMotorMounts.pdf' I'm trying to attach it now. Lengthy but it may help

Attachments

• JimBowenTheHolyGrailofMotorMounts barracuda.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back