Early A-body HDK to be released soon

-
I'm sure you could sell all your new stuff...Sell it all and buy his HDK front suspension...No headaches...If you havn't seen this stuff up close go check it out..Its top notch.

I sure wish i could have got ahold of you before i bought all new brakes, spindles and started building my own stuff! That's very reasonably priced.

Me too....I don't think most realize until they try it themselves how much goes into it.

As I read this I'm sitting in a furniture store STILL trying to figure out how to make factory spindles work with my setup....while my wife buys a chair ..........

I'm sure you could sell all your new stuff...Sell it all and buy his HDK front suspension...No headaches...If you havn't seen this stuff up close go check it out..Its top notch.

Thanks for endorsement!

I would love to have one of your kits. I need to save some more change. And as for a test car. I think I could bring some attention to your brand. But you know all to we'll my time frame is always not as close as I would like.

I would love to have one of your kits. I need to save some more change. And as for a test car. I think I could bring some attention to your brand. But you know all to we'll my time frame is always not as close as I would like.

you are one of the builders that definitely has something to bring to the table.....I'll keep working / refining. Let me know when you are ready

I've been to his shop in Indy....the place is crammed with high quality builds.

Denny. Let's talk and see if we can work something out. Thanks for the kind words about my shop. Your product is second to none. I was very impressed with your kit. In my opinion it's the best thought out kit you can buy. I install a lot of suspension parts from all kinds of manufacturers. Yours my friend is top notch.

Denny. Let's talk and see if we can work something out. Thanks for the kind words about my shop. Your product is second to none. I was very impressed with your kit. In my opinion it's the best thought out kit you can buy. I install a lot of suspension parts from all kinds of manufacturers. Yours my friend is top notch.

We will make it happen....

still doing the SRT4?....maybe I need to find a dummy block /trans for motor mount mock-up

I see on your thread you have your wheel / tires mocked up....how far is the hub from the frame rail?.....on my initial mock up, I can get 12-1/4" (12" if I squeeze) and of course can adfust the hub out to 13"plus.

also for the non-HDK aftermarket K-frames with a wider, non-adjustable track width....A builder combined the HDK upper shock mounts / chromoly supports with his non-HDK K-frame (removing the shock mounts on the K) . Then shortened 1" out of each control arm and added a longer shock (using the HDK shock simulators to determine which one was optimum). The wheels /tires tucked in and the suspension wasn't as harsh.
.....let's just say he liked it.

it's Hot Roddin' 101.....make to your liking.

Will your set up be good for drag racing abuse? I may be intrested. I set my 65 up for a bigblock but will be running a 360 until I get the chassis sorted out.

I'd be interested if you get the setup modified to use factory spindles and disk brakes. My builds at this point is in the planning stage for a 65 Val convert. Already have the body, just aquiring parts for the build. Would be great to use a new hemi instead of building a stroker.
What you have already looks great .
Keep the nice work coming.

Me too....I don't think most realize until they try it themselves how much goes into it.

As I read this I'm sitting in a furniture store STILL trying to figure out how to make factory spindles work with my setup....while my wife buys a chair ..........

Will your set up be good for drag racing abuse? I may be intrested. I set my 65 up for a bigblock but will be running a 360 until I get the chassis sorted out.

sure....and it looks like you already have your shock towers re-enforced so you might not need the chromoly support hoops....but since they do NOT get in the way....just added security.

One of the HDK features (might even be exclusive) is integrated LCA bump stops preventing the shock from bottoming out......just like the factory.

already refined in the 67-76 HDK....swapping from a small block to a B/RB simply requires changing the poly-spool mount (made for HDK by Schumacher Creative Services)....not the entire K. Additional mounts are $150 a set plus shipping.

We will make it happen....

still doing the SRT4?....maybe I need to find a dummy block /trans for motor mount mock-up

I see on your thread you have your wheel / tires mocked up....how far is the hub from the frame rail?.....on my initial mock up, I can get 12-1/4" (12" if I squeeze) and of course can adfust the hub out to 13"plus.

also for the non-HDK aftermarket K-frames with a wider, non-adjustable track width....A builder combined the HDK upper shock mounts / chromoly supports with his non-HDK K-frame (removing the shock mounts on the K) . Then shortened 1" out of each control arm and added a longer shock (using the HDK shock simulators to determine which one was optimum). The wheels /tires tucked in and the suspension wasn't as harsh.
.....let's just say he liked it.

it's Hot Roddin' 101.....make to your liking.

Yes still working with the SRT4 motor. Yes I have the wheels mocked up on the car. Honestly I'm not sure I took a measurement. From the frame rail to the Hub. At that point I was working off stock suspension. So when I measured for back spacing on the front wheels it was from the stock location. Most guys running aftermarket wheels use a 5.75 B/S I choose 6.00 B/S This measurement is using an 8 inch wide wheel. If I understand what you are saying your hub is in a similar location to stock?
As far as mounting the motor. Well I have looked at a couple different options. A simple solution is to just build mounts from existing holes toward the lower front of the block. Or my other thought was the motor was originally supported by a front mount to the block so was considering building a motor plate to connect to the inner shock towers like we build for chevy II's. Mounting the motor is not a big deal. Don't worry yourself about that.

no sweat....the SRT4 motor is an interesting combo. I have a variety of poly....or rubber bushed spool mounts that when the time comes can be adapted to a variety of perches for the K I have on the shelf.

I try to have the ability to pull the hub in even further than stock. I'm still looking for a factory hub to frame measurement at ride height.

when /if you get a chance ....roll that wheel/ tire combo in there and take a measurement.

Will do. So if I center the wheel in the fender well you want a measurement from the rail to the mounting surface of the wheel correct?

yes....and with the wheel (in / out) where you think it will work best....not too far in to hit on the frame rail when turning....or too far out to catch the fender lip when turning.....the sweet spot.

The srt motor has it own pattern. There are some adapters out there to use an A904.
You can also use a Jeep Liberty bell and the R154 supra trans. I believe there are people using the Chevy Colorado trans as well.

Denny what measurement are you looking for? My valiant is all together and I can measure what you need. I do have the later 73-76 disc spindles and rotors on mine so that might skew the information some. Oh and I have RMS upper control arms and strut rods.

Denny what measurement are you looking for? My valiant is all together and I can measure what you need. I do have the later 73-76 disc spindles and rotors on mine so that might skew the information some. Oh and I have RMS upper control arms and strut rods.

its a start...I can do a little subtraction and figure out what it should be with the factory spindles and brakes.

simply how far out from the frame rail the hub surface (where the wheel bolts on) is. I need the measurement when the suspension is at ride height.....if the suspension is hanging it will not do much good.

I'm using a jeep liberty bell housing for mock up. I will be building a, custom blow proof bell housing. The transmisson is 5 speed M5. From a colorado.

its a start...I can do a little subtraction and figure out what it should be with the factory spindles and brakes.

simply how far out from the frame rail the hub surface (where the wheel bolts on) is. I need the measurement when the suspension is at ride height.....if the suspension is hanging it will not do much good.

I have Kelsey Hayes front disks from a 67 on my 66 'Cuda and everything else is stock. Let me know if I can help with measurements.

Can I use my existing spindles with this setup or will the control arms provided use the larger ball joints? If I must use your spindles will the Kelsey Hayes fixed calipers work?

I'm just trying to figure out my total cost if I go this route. I'm looking at rebuilding my manual steering box this year anyway plus this will open up some header choices for my small block.

Thanks for the Early A love. :cheers: =D>=D>=D>

Denny, at ride height I am measuring it at 13" or just a hair under. If you need any other measurements just let me know.

-
Back