[Found!] Early A door lock

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it matter if left or right door if you’re planning on getting it rekeyed to actually use it or is it just to fill the hole since it won’t matter for just looks.

I was planning to get rekeyed. I had no idea that were left and right door locks

You may be better off getting a later model set of locks. they are flatter a lot cheaper. BUT you will need to do some filing on your doors to get them to fit. they are the same size, but they are slotted differently so it isn't too much work.

They aren't the same size , later locks are smaller face diameter than early locks unfortunately.

When i pickup the locks I can post what side I need

Thx all for the input

I was planning to get rekeyed. I had no idea that were left and right door locks
Not only are there right and left ones, there are also flat face and concave face ones if you're trying keep the original look. I believe the concave ones were used in 1965 and the flat face ones were '64 and earlier? Might not have been changed in actual year models, so there could be some spill over between years.

Good info and advice from others regarding face style of the early locks and the necessity of getting a Left or Right so it will actually function.

This is the one working lock that I have , so I'll need the opposite. I have no idea what side this is as I didn't mark them when pulled .

Turns out the other one I took out of the car is for an early DeSoto. Same shape, different keyway

IMG_20200304_130936.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back