EARLY A DUAL MASTER CYLINDER BARRACUDA VALIANT DART and other stuff

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, that master cylinder is not rare, and it is not original to whatever early Barracuda you pulled it from. All pre-'67 Mopars, including all '64-'66 Barracudas, had single-chamber master cylinders. The '67-up dual-chamber masters bolt right onto the earlier cars, though, and the master cylinder shown in the auction appears to be a '67-'75 drum brake unit. Could have either of two piston retainer types, and any of three bore sizes (15/16", 1", or 1-1/32") depending on year and 9" or 10" drums. All variants are still available new. I'm not trying to diss your auction or anything, just bothers me when ordinary, common items are described as rare.

Just FYI, that master cylinder is not rare, and it is not original to whatever early Barracuda you pulled it from. All pre-'67 Mopars, including all '64-'66 Barracudas, had single-chamber master cylinders. The '67-up dual-chamber masters bolt right onto the earlier cars, though, and the master cylinder shown in the auction appears to be a '67-'75 drum brake unit. Could have either of two piston retainer types, and any of three bore sizes (15/16", 1", or 1-1/32") depending on year and 9" or 10" drums. All variants are still available new. I'm not trying to diss your auction or anything, just bothers me when ordinary, common items are described as rare.
i am not trying to diss your auction or anything but went ahead and posted in public
wow maybe u should pm him

I dont mind ... I'm not as schooled and dont mind a public whipping ...:)

Actually ... what I did was use a similar auction for the dual master cylinder, which I think is RARER ... and forgot to take RARE out of the single. Yes, they are a dime a dozen ... maybe even 8 cents a dozen ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back