Early A Mustang two front suspension

-

mr65cuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2574B6D9-4056-411D-A48E-D51D35C53C1E.jpeg
Has anybody tried to use a Mustang two front end on early As. Trying to find a cheaper way to put a G3 in a 65 Cuda. I have a empty block setting in there now but it is bolted up to the transmission.

View attachment 1715400961 Has anybody tried to use a Mustang two front end on early As. Trying to find a cheaper way to put a G3 in a 65 Cuda. I have a empty block setting in there now but it is bolted up to the transmission.

No doubt it's been done. The Pinto/Mustang II stuff is one of the most popular swaps out there. The problem's gonna be finding someone with thick enough skin to chime in and show you they've done it. All the chest thumpers will be hollerin how Mopar is superior.

I have Pinto/Mustang II parts on my Colt Race car. There is a big difference between your Barracuda and these parts. IMHO I don't think it would save you any time. The rack yes, the rest no.

I’m not worried about the purest. You know every brand of street rod uses those front ends they’re cheap and plentiful you can get them any Width so I was just wondering why I couldn’t put one of those on because it definitely won’t fit with my stock K frame. It would be really easy to just rebuild my 360 and put it back in. But a G3 would be way neater. I already have an A500 in there.

I just put the early pinto rack through the front of the K member and made my own steering arms out front. 0 bump steer and a ton of room for big headers for my 340.

I'll be following. The exhaust manifolds/headers might be trying to take up same space as inner fenders. Hope you make it work!

I just put the early pinto rack through the front of the K member and made my own steering arms out front. 0 bump steer and a ton of room for big headers for my 340.
Man can you turn the spindles around and make them front steer or did you make some brackets and bolt on to those disc brake bolts. I had a 360 in there and was using 340 HP manifolds so not as good as headers but good enough.

I'll be following. The exhaust manifolds/headers might be trying to take up same space as inner fenders. Hope you make it work!
Well I’m just asking if anybody else has done it I wouldn’t risk ordering all that stuff if I didn’t know if it would fit or not. Hedit has the whole thing for 2K so good price. works on street rods doesn’t mean it will work in my old A body

Man can you turn the spindles around and make them front steer or did you make some brackets and bolt on to those disc brake bolts. I had a 360 in there and was using 340 HP manifolds so not as good as headers but good enough.

I turned them around then cut them off moved them out towards the wheels and welded them back on

View attachment 1715400961 Has anybody tried to use a Mustang two front end on early As. Trying to find a cheaper way to put a G3 in a 65 Cuda. I have a empty block setting in there now but it is bolted up to the transmission.
Hemi Denny has you covered.
HDK 64 to 66 A Body K frame package
So does Control Freak (Mopar Independent Front Suspension System, 1962-65 B-Body | eBay)
and Gerst (GTS Front Suspension | Gerst Tubular Suspensions)
RMS doesn’t do an AlterKtion for the early A body.

I did it. It's a real PITA. Need custom pan, custom mounts, ... . Can't install motor from underneath, ... . RMS, HDK, Control Freak is the way to go.
Yeah I have already give up on Hedit. Confront control freak doesn’t make it for early either so I’m down to GTS or HDK. I think RMS makes it too. I know it’s hard to do G3’s are cheap. Wish I had those extra inches in the later As

Yeah I have already give up on Hedit. Confront control freak doesn’t make it for early either so I’m down to GTS or HDK. I think RMS makes it too. I know it’s hard to do G3’s are cheap. Wish I had those extra inches in the later As

RMS makes them for early A-Bodies. I recently installed one. Great unit!

The Mustang II front suspension is one of the most prolific front suspensions in hot rodding. It's under more vehicles probably than all others combined. It's light, compact and complete. It changes from conventional recirculating ball gear box to rack and pinion. Gives more room for headers by eliminating torsion bars. How do you think all these other replacement front suspensions came about? They looked at the Mustang II suspension and adapted it to fit whatever it was they were designing it for. Improvements and changes have been made to the original design, but the original is still out there to be had. If you can make it work under an A body, go for it. There'll always be naysayers no matter what.

Ha! That's the one I installed!
Yep I looked that over. that’s not the one for me. I have given up on putting a hemi in. I think I’m gonna go back to my 408 plans. It’s a bolt in I can put my March serpentine system back on my air conditioning in the same place use my same lines I made. too much stuff I have to throw away or try to sell to do the switch.

I put a mustang 2 front in my 65 dart for the same reasons. I haven't gotten to eng swap yet since I've moved out of state and haven't moved my car down yet. But I'm planning the 5.7 hemi also

-
Back