Early A wit late "A" stuff!!!...Need sum help...

-

T-REX

Reaction score
I put a 71 P/B system on my ole 66 wagon...OK, Got tha car runn'in, and move'in, but barely stopp'in!!...My Booster is bad...It is the small booster which is used with the offset bracket for the V-8 dart...The booster haz a clamp hold'in it together...Would any ov U boyz happen to know wher I could git a booster, or if it can be rebuilt??...I have went over my designated limit on this lil project, so them High dollar ones would be a last resort, if ya know what I meen!!!....

I ain't gitt'in much help on gen descussionz, so maybe tha people in tha know dun shifted over here...Everbody wants to repair my booster, but I would like to buy anuther(then have mine repaired!!)...REX

Ok, not too sure what you mean,. But you can check your booster by pushing on the pedal a cople of time to relieve it of air. Hold the brake down and start the car. Pedal should go down about 1 inch. If not then the booster is bad. Also have heard that sometimes the rod is the wrong size. May need to gt a longer one. Not sure if this helped or not, but I am sure someone will come along with more ideas.

I appreciate tha reply...My Booster IS bad...I need to replace it, BUT ...I KAN'T FIND ONE!!...That iz my big problem...

I juss wuz fish'in for sum ideerz ov wher I could buy a rebuilt one, or a new one!!!....Thankz agin!...

T-Rex,

You need to get a hold of "Booster" Dewey. He can be googled to get a number or look in Hemmings Motor news. He did my 64 Barracuda and it was brand new when done minues the two halves, repainted, seals, diaphram the whole shebang. Cost 120 with shipping, can't go wrong. I highly recommend him.

Rick

If I was a good speller I would have been an English teacher.

"If I was a good speller I would have been an English teacher."

If'in ya need sum english tooter'in, juss holler...I wuz an english major!!!(major reason I quit skool an went to work!!!)

Thankz for yo advice, I will see if'in I kan contact him!!...T-REX

Got mitsa "Booster" Dewey on tha fone, had a very nice conversation wit a verynice guy...Took tha Booster off, boxed it up, and wait'in on tha UP's truck to pick it up...

He explained what he does to it, tha cost, and a 3 to 4 day turnaround...Test it, and it'z in route back!!!....Thanks for tha tip!!!....REX

-
Back