Early abody front window rubber seal

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
whats is the actual name for this piece it goes inside the rubber seal and is made of hard rubber on the front windshield. ? Also how much do they go for.

Lock strip inside the gasket groove? Is it mylar covered to look chrome? The one out of a 70s chevy pickup works . Chevy model is about 18 bucks. Mopar taxed one is about 80

Lock strip inside the gasket groove? Is it mylar covered to look chrome? The one out of a 70s chevy pickup works . Chevy model is about 18 bucks. Mopar taxed one is about 80
Yup that's the one! Got one to sell.

Were they chrome originally? I have a '64 Dart and mine is plain rubber. I'd almost prefer it to be just plain since there's all of the other stainless/chrome around the windshield on a convertible.

The lower priced Dart had black lock strips. I assume the picture that you show is your convertible. All convertibles came with a chrome lock strip as far as I know. If you want your car to appear original, go with the crome. However if you are stuck on black, go for it but the black strips are more costly. Steele Rubber has them for $50.
Window lockstrip

-
Back