Early and mid year Firewall harness clip

-

Mattax

Just the facts, ma'am
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the clip used on '67 and '68 A-bodies was the same as used on the earlier years?
Earlier years used four.
Only one is used on '67-8. Not 100% sure all cars got them, but some did.
002-wind-1967-plymouth-barracuda-closeup-firewall-clip.jpg

1969 up used a different version that attached with a sheet metal screw.

@matthon posted this image of the clip in my wanted thread.
We think it is the correct clip.

20180506_155438-jpg.jpg

I did find a similar one in my stash. Its not the same, not sure what it came from. If anyone can ID these, that would be great.
It might be related to the dealer installed A/C that was removed from the car.
upload_2019-1-24_8-39-40.png

upload_2019-1-24_8-39-57.png

So I pulled my clip off a 67, thought it came off the firewall area, but I searched old pics, even ones when I first got it, no clip on the firewall.
I seem to recall it came from under the dash, it was in the way when I re-wired the car, and I thought it would perfectly fit on the firewall, and it did, like it was made to go there. I took a pic to find some more.

Where ever it was under the dash it fit perfectly, and I remember thinking I should take a pic in case I go back to stock, like the flasher holder I took off, but I kept going.

Maybe these were used under the dash as well?

Can anyone confirm the clip used on '67 and '68 A-bodies was the same as used on the earlier years?
Earlier years used four.
Only one is used on '67-8. Not 100% sure all cars got them, but some did.
View attachment 1715275448

1969 up used a different version that attached with a sheet metal screw.
Same clip as on my '65 Valiant. There is 3 of them.

My 68 Dart has 4.

20190124_145737.jpg

They seem to be spot welded to the firewall. There is a mark on the inside of the firewall where each one is attached.
20190124_145927.jpg

Trying to get information on the harness (loom) support that clip onto the firewall lip as shown.
'68 was the last year they were used at that location. 1969 uses a retainer that is held in place with a screw into the cowl.
For the moment I'm assuming the one matthon posted is correct and the one I found was originally for something else.
This is an unrestored '68 GTS.

Mitch's68GTS383-engine-006m.jpg

Last edited:
Alan, Thanks pics are big help on the routing.

So I pulled my clip off a 67, thought it came off the firewall area, but I searched old pics, even ones when I first got it, no clip on the firewall.
I seem to recall it came from under the dash, it was in the way when I re-wired the car, and I thought it would perfectly fit on the firewall, and it did, like it was made to go there. I took a pic to find some more.

Where ever it was under the dash it fit perfectly, and I remember thinking I should take a pic in case I go back to stock, like the flasher holder I took off, but I kept going.

Maybe these were used under the dash as well?
Looking at the assembly drawing there was a clip like this under the radio, at least in 1967.
And there's also a clip on the steering column support bracket. The column turn signal wiring goes into it.

upload_2020-7-4_9-1-31.png

Maybe this one?
upload_2019-1-24_8-39-40-png.png

Last edited:
The company I worked for during the mid 80’s still made those clips and they can still be found on vans and pickup trucks of that era. They were used along the firewall.

Looking at the assembly drawing there was a clip like this under the radio, at least in 1967.
Here's that location. Same p/n as for the steering column clip and this time it says "WNAP-ON" - which reveals the lettering was typed!
laugh2-gif.gif

upload_2020-7-4_11-31-11.png

Here is a picture of a 67 Valiant my buddy just picked up. It has a clip but its the opposite direction. Not sure if you're still looking for info on this clip.

clip.jpg

-
Back