Early front bucket seat questions?? Please help

-

TomAce82

Reaction score
On front bucket seats for a '64, is the track hardware for sliding the seat forward/back reversible driver to passenger side?

My 64 valiant has a bucket seat on the drivers side that was pulled from what looks like the passenger side of another valiant with the same seats (different color). Because of this, the arm for the seat slider comes out in the middle of my car on the drivers side seat and on the door side of the passenger side seat.

I was told I could reverse the hardware for the tracks, arms, and even chrome trim, because from the factory the bucket seat itselft could be assembled for driver or passenger side.

Is this true? I can't find the answer ANYWHERE?

I plan to rebuild and reupholster both my buckets and rear seat and want to get the correct drivers seat in there before going ahead with the rebuild. Any answers will be very helpful!

Thanks!

Welcome to FABO! :cheers: I'm still a little confused as to what you need to know. Are you asking if the actual seat (not the hardware) is the same for the drivers and passenger side?

I have a passenger A body seat on the drivers and passenger seat of my 64 valiant.

the foam and upholstery are indentical. Before reupholstering both, will i need to find a drivers seat, or can i remove what i have on the drivers side and reverse the tracks and sliding hardware to make it a drivers side seat? Obviously i could remove the seats and find out that way, but for now it's my only driver so i'm trying to get an answer online somewhere first.

thank you!

Some of the trim might swap from side to side but the seat tracks are all unique...right. left, inner, outer......

Not positive but I think the drivers side inner floor mount might be different depending on whether the car had a four speed hump or a normal 3 speed/automatic floor pan. As I recall on my 4 speed car that particular track is shorter than the others.

-
Back