-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorslik

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for an early Chrysler Hemi in DFW/S-OK area only. 331/354/392 industrial ok, extended block not ok, don't think anyway. I am aware of, in contact with and watching the ones on marketplace and c-list and may wind up buying one of them, but still on the lookout.

I have a 1954 331 hemi with adjustable rockers and correct dimple valve covers. Comes with extra parts as well. Located in collins ohio 44826. If interested in buy it pm me.

20221007_161813.jpg

20221007_161802.jpg

20221007_161756.jpg

20220405_131458.jpg

20220405_131527.jpg

20220405_131223.jpg

that looks like what I'm looking for too bad so far away from TX, for reference do you have a price?

I have a 56 331 truck engine, rebuilt and unfired, but I am in Georgia.

lots of differences in engines, what makes a truck engine a " truck engine" just out of curiosity? Does that mean it is a Dodge engine or is "truck" another unique variation? I have determined it seems Chrysler firepower, marine and industrial seem to be best choices for parts availability purposes from what I've been able to figure out so far. been spending some time on Hot Heads trying to educate myself. Lots to learn yet.

lots of differences in engines, what makes a truck engine a " truck engine" just out of curiosity? Does that mean it is a Dodge engine or is "truck" another unique variation? I have determined it seems Chrysler firepower, marine and industrial seem to be best choices for parts availability purposes from what I've been able to figure out so far. been spending some time on Hot Heads trying to educate myself. Lots to learn yet.
Mainly the heads. There are other subtle differences, though. On the truck engine, the heads don't have an exhaust crossover, they use coolant instead. They are also cast much heavier with more metal. I had mine upgraded with 392 size valves. Also on SOME truck and industrial engines there is what's called an extended service block which is cast extra thick so they can be bored and bored and bored. Mine is such a block, yet it is only a fresh .030 over. It is a Chrysler Firepower engine, even though it was originally in a 56 D500 dump truck. The "555 triple nickel" heads and truck and industrial heads are best for flow because their intake ports are shorter and much straighter than the 392 heads. The early 331 heads from 51-53 are the worst.

I have a 67 Barracuda and am working on installing a Desoto 330 or 341 tall deck Hemi in it. After talking to and looking at 354/331 A-Body installations, I decided it was too much work and expense. I am almost there, and it is not a budget friendly endeavor. The good thing about the Desoto Hemis is the motor mount lugs are the same as a small block and they are 5/8 of an inch shorter, which puts them about right by the time you use an adapter for the transmission.

interesting info making/saving notes on this and looking more at hot heads on this

A Dodge 315 or 325 Poly (you can just add Dodge Hemi heads) or Hemi will also fit as they are the lightest and smallest early Hemis that have motor mounts on the block. The drawback with them is that there is no 4 barrel intake manifold, other than the rare factory one that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back