-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for an early slant 6 Four speed bellhousing for a 3 to 4 speed conversion. Small input bearing 4.35" cast iron unit is what I think I'm looking for at a reasonable cost. Southern California location would maybe save on shipping. Let me know!

I have an aluminum 68 housing if that works
Could be wrong but according to my research I need the early cast iron 64-66 bell housing to mate up with existing 3 speed equipment currently on my 68 valiant and the 1966 four speed trans I intend to use.

Thanks,

I would contact Brewers tomorrow and see what he says you need to add your 66 833 to your 68. It might be the 64-66 series bellhousing. Also bear in mind that there is a minor but important difference where the ball stud mounts on the 64 versus the 65 and possibly 66 slant 4 speed bellhousings

I agree with what 65Dartman said about differences in mounting location for the "Z" bar ballstud. Further, I don't think you want the 64-6? iron bellhousing as it does NOT have the dual bolt pattern for both the three and four speed transmissions. I believe the only bell housing with both patterns in the later aluminum housing from OD 4 spd cars with the larger bearing retaining hole. I have one of those if confirmed that's what you need.

If you are intending installing the 3 speed transmission to drive it before you obtain the 66 833 you mentioned in post #3, then the early A bell won’t work. Just drive the car as is until you get all the parts to do the conversion. That bell will work with the 833 if you are going directly to the 4 speed.

Currently running with three speed now. Would never go back to 3 speed but if I did I would already have the bellhousing that was removed with the trans.

I just happen to have the 4 speed and shifter laying around. Cheapest way to install I think is to buy early 4 speed bellhousing and reuse my flywheel, clutch, fork, and dust shield on the early 4 speed bellhousing.

The later dual pattern bell housing would need an adapted ring for input bearing retainer and possibly a bigger flywheel, clutch and fork I think?

Going to have to research the difference on the early bellhousing 64 to 66. Definately want one that I can reuse the 3 speed parts listed above on if possible.

Going to have to research the difference on the early bellhousing 64 to 66. Definately want one that I can reuse the 3 speed parts listed above on if possible.

Again, check with Brewers! Friend of mine want to run the 833OD in his 65 Valiant. Brewers set him up with all the stuff to accomplish this swap - different Z bar and ball pivot were the main things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back