Easiest way to adjust the clutch with a scattershield

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
whats the easiest way to check the clutch adjustment on a a-833 with a scattershield? Mine is at the top of the pedal but i believe it is too high, just want to make sure the clutch is fully engaging. Drives fine no slipping but not sure the easiest way to go about it since i cant get a feeler gauge in there, also is there a different adjustment for pedal height vs clutch engagement? Or are they both related. I usually adjust the shift linkages every year but its been awhile since ive messed with the clutch. Any input or advice is appreciated

I have about 1” of free play before the clutch starts to disengage, its just hard to tell when your driving because its different when your sitting with the engine off. I tried it the other night and was able to roll the car back and forth while depressing the clutch, i have about 1” of pedal free play and then about another 1/2” of pedal travel the clutch disengages.

we took a stick of 3/32 oxy welding rod, flattened one end to .060. bent it to fit through hole where fork goes .it will fit between clutch and disc. john calvert told me how to do that. no hole can be cut in bottom of housing.

we took a stick of 3/32 oxy welding rod, flattened one end to .060. bent it to fit through hole where fork goes .it will fit between clutch and disc. john calvert told me how to do that. no hole can be cut in bottom of housing.

Pretty damn cool way to do it.

-
Back