eBay traction bars ———--caltracs copy

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
Im guessing these are a Chinese copy.
Anyone have them on their car ?
Well made or junk ?

AA8EC5DE-3F94-459D-85F0-12408CFECF71.png

I do not know of any one who uses traction bars on a Mopar.
I know I am old school, but either a four link or super stock springs.

Yes they look like copies. And yes Mopars can benefit from traction devices. Cal Tracks are quite popular now days and work well. Here's Scott's Dart.

25659581_10156765734774918_1881386008025261929_n.jpg

OK, now there is one that uses them, but I still do not know why?
If you have an open rear end, they help it spin 2 (or act like a sure grip) almost every time on a flat surface. Plus, it's about like adding 200 lbs in the trunk without adding the weight. When the back end of my car lifts about 2", it's a testament of pressure being applied to the rear tires.

OK, now there is one that uses them, but I still do not know why?

I've used one and only one pair of SS springs in my life. I've taken off dozens of pairs over that time. Even a slapped bar like 318 uses is far better than the SS Spring. Never had a car go slower losing the SS springs.

I use the Competition Engineering Slid-A-Links.

Hey guys, remember in my first post I said that I am "OLD SCHOOL".
Most all of my stuff came from Direct Connection. I still play with my 1970 Duster 340 that I have owned for over 49 years.
Have all the O.E.M. parts but now that I retired I have gotten in to some of the new stuff. Like Scat, Harland Sharp, Comp Cams ETC. Have now a 418.37 cu going to go in it.

Most all of my stuff came from Direct Connection. I still play with my 1970 Duster 340 that I have owned for over 49 years.
Have all the O.E.M. parts but now that I retired I have gotten in to some of the new stuff. Like Scat, Harland Sharp, Comp Cams ETC. Have now a 418.37 cu going to go in it.

These ARE old school tech. Competition Engineering slide a links are basically the same thing. They go back to the late 50s or early 60s. You ain't been payin attention. This AINT new technology.

I've used one and only one pair of SS springs in my life. I've taken off dozens of pairs over that time. Even a slapped bar like 318 uses is far better than the SS Spring. Never had a car go slower losing the SS springs.

I use the Competition Engineering Slid-A-Links.
Well then, I'll take all those crappy *** SS springs you take off. Cause I want to be that guy that helps out mankind.

.37 LOL

That eBay ad screams China-Made. Steer clear. This ain't the place to cheap out.

Well then, I'll take all those crappy *** SS springs you take off. Cause I want to be that guy that helps out mankind.

Yeah, you can send me the ones you don't use. Them sumbitches work GOOD.

I contacted those E-bay guys when looking for my Cal-Tracs. Their response to my questions proved they were foreign made and that I was dealing with an off shore company. I paid the little bit extra and bought directly from Cal-Trac. Not sorry.

-
Back