Edelbrock casting SB/BB Chevy blocks

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Vic's now recasting the most abundant engine block in the world (maybe minus the VW flat 4), the SB Chevy...in Iron. I guess there is not enough seasoned blocks to go around? With the LS craze going on, is this a good business venture? Lets hope their castings are better than the Performer RPM's.

IMO, the LS is a excellent platform and the casting of the old block may seem an odd move. But let’s look at it in this manor. Flood the market making them cheap as heck to a point everyone has one making all other parts more desired and cheaper. Update the block as needed for big power and the idea is becoming clearer.

Now the modern engines fall out of favor a little being expensive and less in abundance.

The earlier engines are simple with tons of R&D behind them.
Make them napkin cheap with numbers and it makes become a no brianer to use favorably again.

"(feminine) napkin cheap"

I like that.

My question is the market is already flooded with cheap 350 cores. Now how cheap they may become (with or without the addition of a new virgin casting) seems to still go back to the LS craze. These are the new SB's from Chevy, can get them cheap at yards out of trucks already and the power stock is very good with minimal upgrades as most will stick with EFI. I just dont see it. Im not a stockholder and probably wont become one.

Hello..... Mr Edelbrock...... did you forget us Mopar guys again????

Mr. Edelbrock died a while back. Had the honor of meeting him and his wife at the Vintage races at Road America. Really nice down to earth guy.

There's a market alone ,in circle track Pishta.
How big? The tooling to cast the SB must have been huge for a tiny market such as circle track. Now the BB I can understand as that was/is still a market for those guys but I got 3 Chevy and 1 GM friends and they all went to LSx engines years ago. None were restorers. Perhaps the tooling can do AL also, now that would make more sense to me. Yes, I know Vic has passed. Well, this is a big nothing burger for me anyway.

They clearly have done the market research to justify the investment to make it happen.

You can’t, and won’t, know what they based it on. Read my sig.

Blue Print casts there own SBC blocks.

World products has been doing so for many years.

If there wasn't a market for them, and a profit opportunity, then they wouldn't be doing it.
That's the reason that they don't do small and big block Chrysler blocks.
There's not a big enough market for them, and profits would be negligible.
Sad, but true...........

-
Back