Edelbrock Heads on 318

-

SKI

Reaction score
Would like to hear your opinions on using the Edelbrock Heads on a 318. I'm currently using 360 J heads 1.88/1.60 and a mopar cam 268/272 .450/.455. I'm concerned about port velocity with the larger valves 2.02/1.60 valves of the edelbrock heads, but the smaller combustion chamber and shape may be a benefit.

Since no one else has given you an answer, I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. If you use the small combustion chamber heads I think you will like the results. With Aluminum heads you can run a point to a point and a half more compression on pump gas and get away with it. You now also have the option of using a higher lift cam because of the springs that come stock on the Eddies. A word of caution here, your stock pistions will not take as much lift as the Eddies will give you, so check the avaiable clearance before you buy a cam.

Earl

I think it really depends on what you're trying to achieve. You could be hurting your low end driveability by going to a larger valve/runner on a 318 with a mild cam, but it would look really trick. I guess the bottom line is if you're looking to pick up performance with your current bottom end, then it might not be a good idea for that amount of money. But if you're planning on upgrading the rest of the engine later and want the WOW appeal, then by all means do it. I probably would if I had the extra money just because it'd look cool 8) :D :thumleft:

-
Back