Edelbrock manifold

-

barracudadave67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just bought a complete 360 LA from a 79 Warlock. It has an Edelbrock "Streetmaster 318" under the holley 4V carb.
Was wondering what kind of intake it is. It kind of thru me off as it is painted Chrysler blue.
Engine supposedly has 67K on it.
Dave

I didn't think it would be a very good intake, and even scrap aluminum is way down right now..
Hopefully I can make this engine work for my 66 B-Cuda. I gave up on the other one, and stumbled on this engine. I got it for a dollar a cubic inch. Has clean oil, and is full of nice clean antifreez, cause its all over the garage floor. Thats what happens when your cherry picker tips over with a complete engine on it. What a mess.
At 76 yrs old this stuff aint as light weight as it use to be.
Dave

3253175_L_d5f3b0ac-e582-4771-af93-85b903d82757.jpg

Opinions vary, but this gives you and idea of the overall design. I imagine the performer 318/360 with it's in between port and runner size and split plenum design will out power this manifold across the board. There are still a few applications where this manifold is a good option in the motor home and rv world when going for fuel mileage and grunt off idle to 3500 rpm torque.

Last edited:
Find an iron 360 four barrel intake and block the EGR, it will be a lot better choice in your Barracuda. I feel your pain on the mess, that is no fun at all.

There is a reason they quit making them. They were suppose to be a torque intake for street engines. Unfortunately for Edelbrock, most stock dual plane worked better.

That was Edelbrock's "attempt" at the Holley Street Dominator. It didn't work. They aren't terrible, ok in their element, but that's a pretty narrow element. lol

I had one on my first 318 Duster. I got it at a swap meet for 50 bucks and was happy with it. I only put cheap headers, a 340 cam, and a Holley 600 on top of it. It was fun with a B & M shift kit in the tranny I was able to blow the seven and a quarter...
In your case though I wouldn't use it on a 360 that can breathe better and work better with something else...

-
Back