Edelbrock RPM vs Edelbrock Victor (again)

-
Mostly street. It was deliberate to detune the bottom so he had a prayer of hooking it up with street tires. It didn't work.
any info on a 1200 cfm throttle body on a single plane versus dual plane ?

Haven't done any work with those combinations.
IQ52 - I'd like your opinion if you are willing to give it.

I am building a street/driver 340 with a stock forged crank, Eddie alum heads. And I need to pick the manifold and fuel delivery. I'm going with an EFI system to increase realibility and no carb tuning but I no past experience to draw from. My goal for the engine build that I can deliver the power to the street without building a engine that can't over power P235/60R14 with the blip of the gas pedal.

Im looking at the Eddie pro flow 3 that sits on a victor junior manifold or a dual plane RPM air gap manifold (pn#7576) and EFI Throttle body with timing control (FI Tech or Eddie pro flo 2).

I have a few specific questions if you don't mind:

Will the Dual plane manifold deliver more low end tourqe than the single victor on a modest engine build with these two EFI systems?

Is throttle body or multi port better at makeing better at low end tourqe?

Have you experienced or hear any issues with the Eddie air gap dual plane manifold and compatiability with aftermarket EFI systems? I ask because there is an engine masters video on YouTube () documenting a compatiability issue with a dual plane manifold the LS1 cam shaft and a Holley EFI. They switched to a single plane manifold to solve the Problem.

Do you know why Eddie puts their Multi port system on the Victor single plane exclusively and not the dual plane?

In your opinion should I just stick with the dual plane for the street car?

You ask EFI questions beyond the scope of my knowledge. Opinions on such will not be given. I think that for the most part, opinions are mostly B.S.

Last edited:
i always read these posts just never comment, not much that i can bring to the table with my limited knowledge, i do appreciate that you put these out here for us to see and learn, helps out the little guy who doesnt have the funds to try multiple setups. this way we can get it right the first time thanks again!!

Wait! You want an engine with lots of power to deliver the goods on the street but won't overpower 235/60/14's?

"Stock 318"

Wait! You want an engine with lots of power to deliver the goods on the street but won't overpower 235/60/14's?

"Stock 318"

Yes....you are correct sir....your answer makes my question seem stupid. I do not have years of experience or have owned many classic cars that I have done more than just maintain in an original state. I'm going to spend a few grand on a engine and I'm trying not to throw money at it and make mistakes. This is a learning process.

If you are going to use rail type fuel injection there is no need for a dual plane.

-
Back