Edelbrock "Thermoquad" ?????

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Not sure how accurate it is was told a few days ago that Edelbrock bought the rights and molds for the TQ and was going to start producing it soon. Anyone else heard anything about this?????????????

It's my understanding that they only purchase the rights from Federal mougal to do the Carter AFB carb. The Edelbrock AVS styled carb is an adaption to the AFB rather than a straightout AVS.

The TQ will fade as time goes on unless someone does something different to the carb enuff to avoid lawsuites/copy infrindgement issues.
The bowls were being reporduced until about last year or so for all TQ models.

It's bullshit. I talked to Edelbrock not long about this when the TQ discussion got hot and heavy. They said "no way no how". There just ain't enough interest. That's really too bad cause if the TQ was to get the same kinda aftermarket support the crapasstic AFB has it would be head and shoulders above the rest. :angry7:

Course the conspiracy theorists can say that was their cover story.

Yes it is too bad. I guess that means I will have to buy up used TQ's to have a decent metering rod and jet selection.

Something that I haven't seen in a long time is a Carter Competiton Series TQ. I think they came in 800 & 1000 cfm. Never see them at swap meets either. Anybody remember them?

Something that I haven't seen in a long time is a Carter Competiton Series TQ. I think they came in 800 & 1000 cfm. Never see them at swap meets either. Anybody remember them?

Yup, they pop up on EvilBay from time to time. Was a 1000 CFM on there not long ago.

I see this every once in a while where someone says they talked to Edelbrock (or whomever) and asked them when they are going to start making XYZ part again. Who the hell are you talking to when you call them?!? Some $7 an hour customer service rep, or do they have a reproduction request hot line that leads right to the director of product development?!?! Just curious.

I would put my money down for a new T/Quad. I love those carbs, always made great power with them.

When I called, I asked for a supervisor in the R&D department. Like you say though, ain't no tellin who the hell I talked to, but I did talk to somebody. I know Rumblefish did too, cause I remember when he said he did. We both called about the same time when that TQ thread was burnin it up. Hay, maybe edelbrock will prove us wrong. I would love to see a polished up TQ with all the bells and whistles that they put on the AFBs. I know this.....if they DID have somethin goin on when I called, they sure as HELL wouldn't tell me.....or anybody for that matter. They'll leak it when they want to.

I heard that they are going into production right after they finalize there new design on muffler bearing for 70 Hemi Cudas....

X2. I used to think they were junk. And I think that is the general consensus of them. Once you have tried one that is tuned up you will never go back.

X3 My buddy used to call the one on my Duster a "thermo-junk". Although I never really had any problem with it, and my car ran like a striped *** ape!!!

-
Back