Edelbrock TM7

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have this intake on my 470 stroker with Stage 6 heads that are ported, but i don't have any flow numbers. Duster is approx 3300 lbs with driver. Runs in the 10.40s carb is a 1000. 4150. I have a torker 2,but I don't think I'll gain anything. At the track I get comments like take that old door stop off or quit living in the 70s and put a real intake on there. The all say it goes good for what's on it, but will gain a couple of tenths with a modern intake. So what is FABO's recommendation. Thanks. Kim

I don't know. I hear the same thing because I run an old weiand xcelorator. But I have tried an m1,holley sd and eddy victor. The weiand gives the best times. I run 10.50s in the 1/4. The only way to know is to try.

If you are consistent in the 10.40s and you're happy with it, leave it alone. Old school works if you tune it right, and it sounds like you have it nailed down!

If they are running faster than you and have similar setups......Then consider their advice. If they are slower.....well....then they only know how to go slower....If they are close to your numbers running obviously smaller cubes/low buck setups....they might know something.....trust your gut. 10.40s is pretty respectable if you ask me. Low tens high nines is pretty serious stuff. I'm with the others....leave it.

If they are running faster than you and have similar setups......Then consider their advice. If they are slower.....well....then they only know how to go slower....If they are close to your numbers running obviously smaller cubes/low buck setups....they might know something.....trust your gut. 10.40s is pretty respectable if you ask me. Low tens high nines is pretty serious stuff. I'm with the others....leave it.
Best choice "in my opinion" is a new trickflow or a victor. Probly wont fit underneath ur hoodscoop if u run a filter tho. Same problem here. Aren't stage 6 heads max wedge ? I`m currently building a runner comparison flow box-(in my spare time), to check a T-2 that I worked on. I run a 3 1/2" filter that just clears my 6 pack scoop by about 3/8" Have also been thinking about having a pro do T-2 for me . Got a quote from a member on here for $500, w/ results on each runner. The corner runners on the torquer2 are the worst , w/ #7 being the worst. I would also like to find an accelerator - 4150 flange.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys. Fastest guy is 10.30s Slowest is 10.70.s. Most are lighter cars with higher stall converters. A couple of heavier cars. Each guy has a lot more plenum in their cars and say that intake is really holding me back. Converter stalls under 4000. 60 ft is 1.451. Gears 4.10 d 60 with 29.5x10.5 M/T slicks. Heads are standard port. 11.2 compression,.625 lift comp solid roller cam. Kim

I had a bunch of goodies on my drag car and always wondered how the old guys with points and stuff still could hang....60s speed secrets are good ones. Knowing your car and how it reacts/ where it makes power IS power.

More like a modern Chinese product!! LMAO

All I know is, I wish to 'ell I had a 10 second car!!
All it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$ --Famous quote by John Brooks owner of grand prix speed shop, SPEED COSTS, HOW FAST DOU WANT TO GO ?

-
Back