Edelbrock victor heads

-

oley340

Reaction score
i have a 340 stroked to a 416 with edelbrock rpm heads that have been ported it also has a roller cam with a victor junior intake and a 750 demon carb. it went a best of 11.42 in a duster. i am thinking of changing the top end out i have bought a quick fuel 950 carb and was looking at a set of edelbrock victor heads and victor intake . the car is mostly used on the street but does see some track time any thoughts or info on this combination would be greatly appreciated trying to get into a high 10.thanks

set of Victor heads for a solid roller is going to cost $4200 ...rocker arms $1000..?....Headers $1200 from TTi...since no one else makes them...and w2 nor w5 headers fit....

I would think that your combo of 416...ported eddy heads and roller cam could run faster.....

Depending on the heads flow ability, your basic set up as described has the ability to run the time you seek.

i have a set of tti step headers on it already and its a hydrolic roller my heads look like they should flow around 250 @ 6000. i think its time to pull off the heads and get them tested.

your tti headers will not fit the Victor heads......

Hughes is having a deal on CNC eddy heads until the 9th of Dec.....

I'm thinking you'd be better off putting the Duster on a diet... what is the rest of your set up? Trans? Rear? Tires? etc etc etc...

727 3200 stall 391 gears 275 60 drag radials or 28 by 9 radial slicks. i think its time to see what the heads are all about. maybe a cam change.

i have a 340 stroked to a 416 with edelbrock rpm heads that have been ported it also has a roller cam with a victor junior intake and a 750 demon carb. it went a best of 11.42 in a duster. i am thinking of changing the top end out i have bought a quick fuel 950 carb and was looking at a set of edelbrock victor heads and victor intake . the car is mostly used on the street but does see some track time any thoughts or info on this combination would be greatly appreciated trying to get into a high 10.thanks

I would try that carb on top of your current setup first. It may be enough all in itself to make you content.

Are the RPM's fully ported? Standard size valves, etc?

In regards to the heads I'd talk to IQ52. His knowledge and ability with Edelbrock exceeds anything I've seen.

727 3200 stall 391 gears 275 60 drag radials or 28 by 9 radial slicks. i think its time to see what the heads are all about. maybe a cam change.
on the track you could gain a little with a taller TC and steeper gears... are you running any type of traction aid? battery in trunk or...???

i have a set of tti step headers on it already and its a hydrolic roller my heads look like they should flow around 250 @ 6000. i think its time to pull off the heads and get them tested.

Your flowbench eyeball should be pretty close if they are OOTB heads. On our flowbench the OOTB RPM head is 248 cfm @ .500" lift and 250 cfm @ .600" lift. If they have been ported you already have enough cylinder head to punch into the high 10's. Testing your heads sure wouldn't hurt.

What manifold is really on there? Because Edelbrock doesn't make a Victor Jr for the Chrysler small block RPM heads that I know of. There is the Victor 340/360 and the Super Victor. The Victor 340/360 has 318 size ports and would need some extensive work to bring your engine to it's full potential. A ported set of RPM heads and a small mid-range solid roller should go into the middle 10's with a 416 stroker.

If you are going to buy CNC ported heads keep in mind where 99% of the companies are having the heads ported or where their cookie cutter CNC program came from. Might want to go to the source.

Also different valve angle 16°vs.18°, and big 2.15" intake valve. It doesn't hit to the cylinder wall, but that big valve needs and likes bigger bore. JMO.

Last edited:
I would try that carb on top of your current setup first. It may be enough all in itself to make you content.

Are the RPM's fully ported? Standard size valves, etc?

In regards to the heads I'd talk to IQ52. His knowledge and ability with Edelbrock exceeds anything I've seen.
^^^^
This !!!!
Send them to him they do impeccable work !!
You will not be disappointed !!
Did some iron , and aluminum heads for me.
Good luck

on the track you could gain a little with a taller TC and steeper gears... are you running any type of traction aid? battery in trunk or...???
yes battery is in the trunk and i have slidealinks with mono leaf

Your flowbench eyeball should be pretty close if they are OOTB heads. On our flowbench the OOTB RPM head is 248 cfm @ .500" lift and 250 cfm @ .600" lift. If they have been ported you already have enough cylinder head to punch into the high 10's. Testing your heads sure wouldn't hurt.

What manifold is really on there? Because Edelbrock doesn't make a Victor Jr for the Chrysler small block RPM heads that I know of. There is the Victor 340/360 and the Super Victor. The Victor 340/360 has 318 size ports and would need some extensive work to bring your engine to it's full potential. A ported set of RPM heads and a small mid-range solid roller should go into the middle 10's with a 416 stroker.
yes it is a victor 340 sorry i just use the term jr. Hmmmm got to look into the intake thanks

-
Back