Educate Me

-

Murray

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thinking about another build. I want a hot rod slant six. This is new territory for me. What will it take to put a Tremic behind it? Is there an an original aluminum bell housing to use since three speeds have a different bolt pattern. Passon doesn't list anything. Help/ thanks.

Silver Sport Transmissions adds a plate to your bell housing that has the bolt pattern for a Tremec.

Thanks for the reference. On V8's acceptance of the crank for a pilot brg/bushing is an issue. Do I need to start with a stick shift crank on a slant six?

Thanks for the reference. On V8's acceptance of the crank for a pilot brg/bushing is an issue. Do I need to start with a stick shift crank on a slant six?
Some slant six cranks have the bore for the pilot bushing drilled and honed to size
Some slant six cranks have the bore for the pilot bushing drilled but not honed to size.
Always check the bore diameter.
If you end up with a crank that is not drilled/honed there is a pilot bushing that fits onto the crank flange. I believe it is from a Jeep application.

Thanks- these things are helping me to determine how much trouble I am getting myself into. I can deal with it, just don't like surprises.

-
Back