EFI O-ring question

-

moper

Reaction score
So I'm working on my '94 LHS... Apparently I did not follow proper etiquette and I took apart the fuel rail assembly. Now I need O rings for the three tube components of the assembly. I've bought two separate nitrile-type kits and gotten most of what I need. But the return line I'm striking out with.
So the question is - can I use the green type Orings from the A/C servicing kits with todays ethanol mixed gasoline?

Yes you can use A/C o-rings. IIRC most A/C orings are viton which is fine to use.

What Oring do you need exactly?
Those fuel rail orings were part of a very old Recall and for some odd reason, I still have some orings from one of the Recall kits.

Here's the whole kit but i only have what I have circled

upload_2018-1-28_15-12-14.png

Hard to tell given the nature of the "pile". The separate two on top in their own packet are the injector seals. Just below the left lower corner of that injector seal packet are the blue O rings. There should be (3) about 3/8" ID (maybe a little less because mine were flattened by use) and (1) that is about 1/4" for the return side after the regulator. That's the one I need although I'd take all four if you had them. Let me know if you do, and how much. The car's ben down for a month now and it's getting bothersome... And the NOS fuel rail I bought from Mopar was boxed wrong in 2003 so that won't work either...lol.

Duster - just a public Thanks Again for the details. I was able to use the O ring kit number and back into the current part number for the recall package and luckily it's not NS status yet. So there's one coming (crossed fingers anyway) now. Again many thanks!

-
Back