EFI Tank & Pump

-

jeffnmo

Just another Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hello FABO Friends, I have a Tanks EFI fuel tank with a 67gph/255iph pump, can I get a return regulator for a carburetor and use it till I'm ready to put the MSD Atomic EFI unit on, I already have a return regulator for that. I'm rebuilding my 340 and I want to break it in with the carb and run it for awhile before I put the MSD on. I thought I could put the tank, fuel lines and such on the car while my block is being machined.

Thanks Jeff

Aeromotive makes one with two springs, one for carb and one for EFI. Quick Fuel repackages it for cheaper.

Trick Flow® TFX™ Universal Bypass Regulators TFS-27001

So I emailed Aeromotive about this and they said it too restrictive for a high pressure pump to regulate down to carb pressures.

Their words (I was inquiring on their tank wit a carb then to EFI, referenced 13301 which is the same as the trick flow above)

"With the Gen II tank you’re limited to AN-06 line (same as 3/8” tubing) which isn’t big enough to control pressure with a carbureted bypass regulator (such as 13301). It’s fine for EFI pressures but the return is small enough to create too much back pressure for the low pressure application."

They recommend the 13220 regulator for the carb now and a 13138 regulator for the EFI later.

-
Back