el5 dart restoration

-

el5dart

Reaction score
it's been a long time since I've had a classic mopar and I'm trying to build one more before my time is up. I've been collecting cars and parts for about 6 months now. I just thought I'd post a few pics of what I got to work with so far. The butterscotch dart is basically rust free so it's the one I'm building. The b5 dart is a beautiful 4x,*** mile car but is very rusty so I'm using it as a donor car.

The parts I've collected so far is a 2000 mopar performance fuel injected crate engine it's supposed to be 400 hp but I won't know till I get it fired up. I had an ax15 5 speed I was going to use but I really don't want to cut the floor up to to that. So I'm looking to put a passion 5 speed in one day. I'm going to put the 833od setup in the car till that happens. I've also got a 70 rally dash frame, 70 bezel and cluster, and a nos rally's dash wiring harness I've recently acquired. And a spring relocation kit from us car tool. I don't want to hack up my a body 8 3/4 so I got an e body/a100 I'm gonna narrow. I'll post pics in a few looks like I have to host myself

heres the dart the day i bought it. backed it off the trailer did a burnout and proceeded to dismantle it.

heres some pictures of before i got a hold of it.
00a0a_iNll9IC5Sin_1200x900_zpskguafkmh.jpg
00O0O_7UKwgMIC2t_1200x900_zpsu0zidxby.jpg
00H0H_2LkIsOd02RW_1200x900_zps7pndblqy.jpg

dash frame and dash bezel/instrumentation check out my dash frame holder i made out of a clothes rack i got out of the dumpster.

image_zpsyuromyf8.jpg
image_zps61notlhs.jpg

my motor i hope is all good. it was previously in a rock crawler. its a 2000 mopar performance crate engine. cant find much info on it on the net. anybody familiar with these?

image4_zpscwuxvizv.jpg

im on the fence with the color i should paint it. heres a picture of my buddies car. i like the silver. id like to go for the dont look at me approach as much as possible. or should i go with the original el5 butterscotch?

image2%205_zpssbqyfe0k.jpg
image3%202_zpsltezvtqi.jpg

I like following the fender tag, you don't see a lot of EL5 cars. Are you going to put the vinyl roof back on?

granted, butterscotch is an uncommon color, nowadays, but it's far down on my list of good colors. How about black and white. White body, w/ black vinyl top or just black stripes, or both. But it's still your car, so paint it whatever you like. Keep in mind that if you plan on keeping the car for awhile, don't paint it something you're going to get tired of, later.

Because it is kind of weird/unique, I'd keep that color!

thats the only reason im considering the original color. but its just a 318 non-matching motor trans car so i think who cares once the true originality is gone. i do have the numbers matching motor and trans though. but 318,904,manual steerind and brakes with no a/c sounds boring to me.

thats the only reason im considering the original color. but its just a 318 non-matching motor trans car so i think who cares once the true originality is gone. i do have the numbers matching motor and trans though. but 318,904,manual steerind and brakes with no a/c sounds boring to me.
The Butterscotch is a really cool color, very under the radar, understated. Won't attract chicks, just guys between 45-80 years old, LOL

-
Back