Electric Choke in Fuse Block?

-

domdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where do I hook up my Edelbrock electric choke in the fuse block? Do I just slide the bare wire between the fuse and the clip? Are there and male connectors behind the block? My ACC slot is empty. I have a 68 Dart.

Attachments

• ouw3d1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 145
You want it to any lead that would be hot with key on in run position only. Dont want 12 v all the time to it.

There is no fuse there that will do what you want

You need to hook it up under the hood. Find the "ignition run" wire feeding to the original ignition resistor, tap into that add a fuse, and off to the choke.

I use the dist hot wire, it's only on when the ign is "on" or "start'.

treblig

If you must use the fuse block, flip it over and you'll see some male spades. Attach to a spade that is hot with key on.

If you must use the fuse block, flip it over and you'll see some male spades. Attach to a spade that is hot with key on.

Problem is it is hot in "accessory" Do you want your choke heated up while you are sitting there listening to the radio?

One member on here suggested using a 3 terminal oil light sender. Those were made to power up fuel pumps. That's a good idea. You can fuse it, and it's separate from "everything."

-
Back