Electric Holley Blue pump getting warm

-

Gator

Mopar or No Car
Reaction score
I am running a Holley electric blue pump and I recently was experiencing fuel problems in which I think I have solved it but I do have a question. When trouble shooting my fuel pump I noticed that it was warm, not on the area where the lines enter and exit but the body where all the enternal parts are. I took a temperature reading in this area with my surface pyrometer and it registered between 85-95 degrees. Is this normal? I have been running this same set up for years and never had the need to touch this pump to see if it was warm. I checked the complete system from the pump to the carb, including the filter and it was all in good shape with no kinks or blockage. I thought that my pump was bad so I replaced it with a new on along with a new regulator and it too gets a little warm so I am thinking that this is normal. What are your guys thoughts on this...

It has an electric motor or a transistor operated shuttle, depending on the design, so the electric parts are gonna produce some heat. 85-95 does not sound bad at all.

It has an electric motor or a transistor operated shuttle, depending on the design, so the electric parts are gonna produce some heat. 85-95 does not sound bad at all.

Agreed, any electrical motor gets warm.

This is why you are not supposed to dead head an electric fuel pump, in Theory anyway. The return line helps to cool the pump.

-
Back