electric steering

-
I have been running it on my 67 GTS for years. With the big block and small steering wheel it was a bear at low speeds. It works good for me. I used a kit from a company out of Florida but there are cheaper ways of doing it, Joe

There was a couple of good threads on this way way back.

There may be others, that was a quick search

I used EPAS Performance out of Sarasota, Fl and everything is hid under the dash. I really helps parking, Joe

I used EPAS Performance out of Sarasota, Fl and everything is hid under the dash. I really helps parking, Joe

Any idea what kind of power it pulls? Does your factory alternator provide enough juice, or did that need an upgrade too?

EPAS has a website that probably has amperage but I have never had a problem but I have totally rewire entire car with Powermaster alternator and I run Contour fans also. Like I said there are cheaper ways to do it, but this will give you and idea on how much to cut shaft and all, Joe

My 2019 Colorado has it. I can't tell the difference from the old hydraulic system

My poaris rs1 has elec. power steering , and I love it , works excellant , if I weren`t off of cars , I`d put it on my barracuda.

I have been running it on my 67 GTS for years. With the big block and small steering wheel it was a bear at low speeds. It works good for me. I used a kit from a company out of Florida but there are cheaper ways of doing it, Joe
I think that it would be good for better header fitment. Is the system difficult to install?

everything under the hood still looks the almost the same. You have to cut the column under the dash to make room for the electric steering motor to fit.

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

-
Back