Not open for further replies.

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for an electric trunk latch that will bolt onto my 1970 Dart. Prefer the older ones that have a metal case but will consider all. Also looking for original wiring and push button. Send PM please

I bought my 70 Swinger 340 in 2006, and it had remote trunk opener under the dash on the left side. I assumed it was an after market addition, because I could find no info for it being a factory option. I assumed it may have been installed by the dealer. No codes on my build sheet, either. It's all electric, with a big solenoid mounted in the trunk. The lock cylinder was modified, too. The lock tail shaft was shortened, so you couldn't open it with the key, only the switch under the dash. I'll dig through 15 years of crap to look for it. I don't throw much away, so I know I still have it somewhere. Paul.

The one from the M Bodies and land barges just bolt in and still allows use of the key. Easy to wire too - one wire from an always hot source to a two pole momentary switch; from the other terminal on the switch to the latch assembly. I have used them on several A and B Bodies

I think I got this one out of a Cordoba I parted out years ago. I gave it away and got it back recently for my Barracuda . Just posted a picture to show guys what you're looking for

IMG_2244.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back