Electric water pump diy

-

plymouth1937

Reaction score
Hi anybody used a for ex chevy sb electric water pump and made a new backing plate been looking at this before and now im gona see it true a el pump for a mopar sb is like 500 dollar here in Sweden but i can bye one for a sb chevy or ford for 170 dollar big diference just wundering if some body here tried this im gona contact the suplier and have them messure the cc on in and out on the pump

Hi anybody used a for ex chevy sb electric water pump and made a new backing plate been looking at this before and now im gona see it true a el pump for a mopar sb is like 500 dollar here in Sweden but i can bye one for a sb chevy or ford for 170 dollar big diference just wundering if some body here tried this im gona contact the suplier and have them messure the cc on in and out on the pump

They made adapters for this on the big blocks. Not sure on the small blocks.

The meziere water pump for Mopar LA looks very close to the Chevy model. The LA uses a flat plate over the existing timing case and just bolts up over that using the existing long water pump bolts. If you can make a plate (I did for my incomplete pump) to cover the original LA water pump cavity and them make the appropriate holes to match the chevy output, then you should be functional. IIRC this setup on a poly 318 used a chevy pump
mopar-318-poly-coolant-manifold.jpg

mopar-318-poly-coolant-manifold.jpg

Yes just like that and the pump im gona use has a conecting peace on the sides so you kan ider take material off or ad a spacer on eatch side to get it right over the original holes making a backplate is the easy part

Screenshot_20220118-185754.png

We had the factory timing covers and used the plates. My son made his own billet timing covers to move everything back. I have two plates left over here . Make me an offer you pay shipping.

DSCN1674.jpg

DSCN1675.jpg

Steve 064.JPG

Steve 102.JPG

I've often thought "why use" these types of electric pumps at all? You can buy "stand alone" separately mounted pumps, and could again, make a flat cover plate, maybe steel--and braze in fittings for a manifold, for a stand alone pump......

automotive electric coolant pump - Google Search

I've often thought "why use" these types of electric pumps at all? You can buy "stand alone" separately mounted pumps, and could again, make a flat cover plate, maybe steel--and braze in fittings for a manifold, for a stand alone pump......

automotive electric coolant pump - Google Search
Hi yes you are absolutly right mutch easier but i like the look of the front mounted el pump

you can run a standalone sump pump style, and use a PWM controller to make it like a Davies-Craig pump but then its external, mounted to a frame...out of the way....with nice pipe fittings to the timing case, conserving space up there for other things....yeah, Its been thought of.
PRI-Davies-Craig-100.jpg

-
Back