Electric water pump

-
The best setup is a remote pump. A remote pump saves a bunch of space on the front of the engine and you get the electric motor away from the heat and vibration of the engine. But the remote setup costs a bit more since you need a little more plumbing. If you aren't going to go with a remote setup then the Meziere pumps are a good value. I've used Meziere pumps for years without any issues.

The best setup is a remote pump. A remote pump saves a bunch of space on the front of the engine and you get the electric motor away from the heat and vibration of the engine. But the remote setup costs a bit more since you need a little more plumbing. If you aren't going to go with a remote setup then the Meziere pumps are a good value. I've used Meziere pumps for years without any issues.
Andy, ever run one on a hot street car?

IMG_1567.JPG

Andy is spot on - as usual :). Meziere. Another vote. I did a ton of research and listened to seasoned guys with street/strip cars, and racers.

We chose Meziere remote water pump WP337 (55gpm).

It's on an engine plate. But if you don't have one there are plenty of places.

One thing - when your price / budget .... don't forget cost of the fittings. All those AN's and hoses Cost close to what pump did. But we went a bit overboard. Lol

Last edited:
Andy, ever run one on a hot street car?
Yes, we ran one for a few years on a 10 second street car. The remote pump worked great and saved a bunch of space over a block mounted pump. If you talk to Don Meziere he will tell you that if you can run a remote pump you should. But it is more expensive and it does require more plumbing so there are trade offs.

It should work for you. My setup uses a Ford or Jeep sensor which generates a single pulse square wave for the cam signal. It works with FAST and Holley systems and should work with other systems too.

DSC_0568 (Large).JPG

It should work for you. My setup uses a Ford or Jeep sensor which generates a single pulse square wave for the cam signal. It works with FAST and Holley systems and should work with other systems too.

View attachment 1715083805
I see u have a clear valley cover now. COOL, urs is a bit heavier made than mine, like it !

-
Back