Electrical Schematics

-

69valiant21

Reaction score
Is there a good source for electrical schematics? I dont see a sticky for them, figured it would be a sticky.

Is there a good source for electrical schematics? I dont see a sticky for them, figured it would be a sticky.
I'm sure each car has its own. what car do you have? That's going to help people. You know they made a lot of cards right? And they had different wiring....

I would assume the ignition circuits, lighting circuits, etc etc would all be pretty similar between A-bodies?

Its a 69 Valiant.

I would assume the ignition circuits, lighting circuits, etc etc would all be pretty similar between A-bodies?

Its a 69 Valiant.
You would think that wouldn't you? Well I can say that they are very similar, but they're not going to be the same. You can definitely not take one out and put one into another. As far as one year to the next or one model to the next.
I personally went to the local Office Depot and had them look up 1973 duster wiring diagram like I did and had them make me a blown up colored copy for less than $2.
IMG_20180107_202654.jpg

Luckily I have a plotter at work, just need the schematic. So they just googled it and you trusted them to pull up the right one?

The Factory Service Manual has the best ones, everybody should have the Factory Service Manual for their car.

Alan

Luckily I have a plotter at work, just need the schematic. So they just googled it and you trusted them to pull up the right one?
Please give me a little bit more credit than that! I looked it up first, And then had them look up what I looked up and made sure they had what I looked up and then I asked them to print it.

^^I've posted this a million zillion scillion times on here^^ THE resource for free diagrams, shop manuals and OTHER USEFUL info is "MyMopar." SOME of the shop manuals over there CAME from the guys on HERE

If want you want is not there, then you need to look around the dubya dubya dubya (such as ebag) and find a repop manual. They are quite available in both reprint paper and CD/ DVD

"Some stuff" here

Free service manuals

Some of the schematics at mymopar site are not 100% correct. Just be careful when using them as info.

If you can get a service manual schematic, those are better.

Some of the schematics at mymopar site are not 100% correct. Just be careful when using them as info.

If you can get a service manual schematic, those are better.

That's correct. I always describe them as "leaving out" some details/ connectors/ options, but sometimes "easier to follow" than the factory. They are useful "some of the time"

NOTE SOME YEARS of the factory manuals have some mistakes but easy to spot. I forget the years, around 68--70 in there. The yellow start wire and green / red horn wire where they pass through the bulkhead connector are transposed/ connected wrong. Just be aware

I have the schematics in front of me. PM me to let me know if you want me to scan them in for you. It may take a day or two

-
Back