1. MoparMic

MoparMic Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:56 PM
    I’m at the point where I have to decide whether I’m gonna put a J bar in from a Cowell down to the frame in the front of the car it does have fender well header or I wouldn’t even worry about it. What are you guys running or not running

1F0C139B-61E1-43C4-938A-E9414A323A6E.jpeg

2. famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit

Local Time:
    10:56 PM
    I`m running the J bars. I bought a couple of pieces of 1 5/8' tubing and bent them in a big electricians tubing bender, same as the side bars in my roll cage .

3. pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
    8:56 PM
    The inner fenderwell is an integral support structure of the front end along with the front subframe. Yours seem to be still there, helping to support the front. I removed mine to replace them and the last supporting spot weld went out with a bang and the spotweld went of alignment about 2-3mm. The wall thickness of a j-bar may be a little much for an EMT bender unless you used a hydraulic one?

4. Jim Lusk

Jim Lusk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:56 PM
    When I removed the left side from my '67 convertible nothing moved when I removed it. The new (it was out of a '68 Dart) dropped right into place. With that said, I wouldn't remove one and keep it out without installing the J-bars.

5. famous bob

famous bob mopar misfit

Local Time:
    10:56 PM
    Was a hand cranker, no problem for elec. tubing, but took a helper for the thicker steel tubing. Had a gauge on it so that duplication could be made.. Where I screwed up on my j bars was I built them before I had a big block installed , or the bigger crossflow rad., I almost got them in the way of my motor plate brackets, not wanting them up to interfer w/ the wider radiator. ''Dumb now that I look back!" But it`s all good tho.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.