Engine Bolt Kits

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make a kit for factory correct nut and bolt kit to hold the various items on the block (valve cover, alternator and brackets, water pump, fuel pump, distributor, carburetor, etc) like you can find for the SB and BB engines?

Right for SB and BB, nothing for /6
I'm guessing no, but leftovers from scrap/idle engines, and common shared fasteners like valve cover, oil pan & timing cover screws, fuel pump etc., can probably handle most of it. Any particular ones You need? Come to think of it, a BB kit would do a lot of it, but 1bbl carbs etc. would be a salvage deal I think. Plenty of those have been pulled/cast aside, unless Your heart is set on brandy-new, try here & the Slant Six .org for a donor. If You share the year and carb etc., I'm sure someone incl. Myself would donate what You need if They're in great shape for the cost of shipping......................

I'm guessing no, but leftovers from scrap/idle engines, and common shared fasteners like valve cover, oil pan & timing cover screws, fuel pump etc., can probably handle most of it. Any particular ones You need? Come to think of it, a BB kit would do a lot of it, but 1bbl carbs etc. would be a salvage deal I think. Plenty of those have been pulled/cast aside, unless Your heart is set on brandy-new, try here & the Slant Six .org for a donor. If You share the year and carb etc., I'm sure someone incl. Myself would donate what You need if They're in great shape for the cost of shipping......................

I think the biggest ticket items would be the water pump bolts and the the bolts that hold the big honking alternator bracket on. The rest I agree are close enough to the V-8s to be used.

in a pinch, 5/16 and 3/8 allthread and nuts are your friend. Not even close to original but will get you to work monday morning.

Yea I saw those. Not really factory style, just modern yellow chromate bolts and washers of the correct length. I am hoping for the correct finish and head style

I didn't see the yellow chromate description, but it does say stainless.

Do it the old fashioned way, collect bolts from multiple different engines. When I did my 273 I had several different engines to work from.

Alan

I don’t care about factory correct. It’s only factory correct if it came on the car,,,imo. My good hardware store sells gold anodized bolts,flanged bolts,garde 8@9 bolts etc. I was talkin about what worked not pretty bolts. Sorry.

Does anyone make a kit for factory correct nut and bolt kit to hold the various items on the block (valve cover, alternator and brackets, water pump, fuel pump, distributor, carburetor, etc) like you can find for the SB and BB engines?
I was just looking at ARP on Summit's site. They have bolt kits for small and big block Mopars but not slant 6's. It's all about popularity. I don't see any for Ford or Chevy 6's either. Did you look on ARP's site?

Right for SB and BB, nothing for /6

Okay, I get your point. I would think that Mopar would just grab the appropriate bolt/fastener for the job, regardless of engine size. With that said, between the 2 or 3, why can't you at least come up with enough bolts/fasteners to get the job done? I would like to think so? Good Luck

I was just looking at ARP on Summit's site. They have bolt kits for small and big block Mopars but not slant 6's. It's all about popularity. I don't see any for Ford or Chevy 6's either. Did you look on ARP's site?

That's a good thought. ARP will actually MAKE you a custom bolt kit. Call them.

I don’t care about factory correct. It’s only factory correct if it came on the car,,,imo. My good hardware store sells gold anodized bolts,flanged bolts,garde 8@9 bolts etc. I was talkin about what worked not pretty bolts. Sorry.
Well, the OP is looking for resto/OE type fasteners,.....so all of that is the focus of the thread......there is a difference between factory original, & factory correct, neither of which One is going to acquire at True Value....................

-
Back