Engine break in oil?

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
I have been doing some research on engine break in additives. And I come across this stuff. Its made by lucus which I use in my daily drivers. It says no additional additives needed. Has anyone used it? Do you trust it without adding anything?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00INXYZH0/?tag=joeychgo-20

Screenshot_20190327-204945_Samsung Internet.jpg

Never used that but if its true break-in oil then it should be good,the additives are to add to regular oil,break in oil has high amounts of the good stuff

Yes, I have used it and so far no problems. :thumbsup:
I just looked and summit actually has it even cheaper. How long did you run this oil after initial break in?
To my understanding you are supposed to do the initial break in. Change the oil. Run it 1000 miles or so then change it again. Then do the normal 3000 mile routine.
Can this or be ran for the first few oil changes or I every oil change for that matter?

Seriously? do we have to do another one of these? LOL

I used that oil in my 318 Poly, solid flat tappet lifter motor with zero issues. I broke the motor in and put about 100 miles on the oil driving at various rpms before I changed it out.

Sorry bud just want to make sure I buy the right stuff the first time around. Haha

I don't blame you. I just used the Lucas 10/30 Hot Rod Oil along with the Comp Cams break in additive in my Ford 400. Haven't fired it off yet, but since I have the Valiant running now, it won't be long.

I just looked and summit actually has it even cheaper. How long did you run this oil after initial break in?
To my understanding you are supposed to do the initial break in. Change the oil. Run it 1000 miles or so then change it again. Then do the normal 3000 mile routine.
Can this or be ran for the first few oil changes or I every oil change for that matter?

This is what I do to the tea.
After the 3rd change, regular oil.

I use brand penn. My machine shop guy had me break in and drive it around for 40-50 miles and change to the regular 15 40 weight Penn grade..

I use brand penn. My machine shop guy had me break in and drive it around for 40-50 miles and change to the regular 15 40 weight Penn grade..
That was gonna be my next question. What weight to run after break in? I was gonna just get some 10w30 and see what my oil pressure does if it's good run it. With new bearings and a new oil pump pressure shouldn't be a problem.

10/30 Valvoline Conventional with Rislone zinc additive. I used the same oil and Comp break in lube for break in. And of course a quality Wix filter.

That was gonna be my next question. What weight to run after break in? I was gonna just get some 10w30 and see what my oil pressure does if it's good run it. With new bearings and a new oil pump pressure shouldn't be a problem.
Everyone has there opinion and the way that works for them. I run 10-30 Lucas Hot Rod most of the year. In the summer here in Fl. I run 10-40 Lucas Hot Rod.

10/30 Valvoline Conventional with Rislone zinc additive. I used the same oil and Comp break in lube for break in. And of course a quality Wix filter.
I think I will use a mopar performance oil filter. From all the cut open videos I have watched they seem really high quality.

Everyone has there opinion and the way that works for them. I run 10-30 Lucas Hot Rod most of the year. In the summer here in Fl. I run 10-40 Lucas Hot Rod.
That lucus hot rod must be good stuff!! I see alot of yall use it!!
Does the 10w30 and 10w40 change your oil pressure any?

I don't blame you. I just used the Lucas 10/30 Hot Rod Oil along with the Comp Cams break in additive in my Ford 400. Haven't fired it off yet, but since I have the Valiant running now, it won't be long.
How dare you disagree with the master..

-
Back