Engine cleaning!!

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
I knew that there was no better thread than this one. Ive been on the dodge dakota forums and none of them are as helpfull and recieve as many replys with good information than here.

I have the motor out on my dodge dakota due to the transmission going out. Instead of just rebuilding it i decided to do paint as well. So truck goes to paint shop, motor may get rebuilt due to 160,000 miles depending on costs, and a tranny rebuild with a little bit of upgrades.

When it all gets back together it will have mopar intense blue paint, rebuilt motor, rebuilt tranny, and a vortech supercharger.:cheers:

Anyways my question is that what processes do you guys use to clean a motor thats not taken apart and is sitting on a stand.

Thanks in advance

Chad

Electrical contact cleaner (fumey) lots of rags and about 4 hours!Plug every open hole with clean rags.

I used a steam cleaner to get the crap off my motor when I brought it home from the salvage yard. Worked pretty darn good too with a little wire brush to get the caked on stuff off. No nasty fumes, just had to rinse the driveway when I was done. Also used a pressure washer in the past with good results, but no matter how much I tried to plug the holes I got water inside.

If you have a Dollar General near you purchase several cans of the dollar general brand oven cleaner. Spray it on and let it work. It's cheap and eats grease off.

-
Back