engine color blue

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
anyone know if duplicolor engine enamel blue #1631 is the correct blue for a 1968 383? thanks

68 383 is actually turquoise.. the color you are looking at is too blue looking.

you want something close to this color...

41YfHSuAe5L.jpg

Joes right, you want Mopar Engine Turquoise....

I've found a color I'm going to test out, its from Duplicolor I think but the code number for the can is 225 Alpine Green Engine Enamel. 7 bucks at Sanels Auto paint department.

i have been doing some research on the MP paint P4120752. i hear that it has been replaced by
the same part # with the letters AB after it. and i hear it is a different shade. any one else have any info on this matter? thanks

Link is not working right, but Summit is a few bucks cheaper. Depending on what these guys do on shipping, might be about the same cost from Dodge dealer.

i have been doing some research on the MP paint P4120752. i hear that it has been replaced by
the same part # with the letters AB after it. and i hear it is a different shade. any one else have any info on this matter? thanks

if you are using a can then you won't find an exact match. you will have to settle for close enough. none of the can stuff out there is an exact match including the stuff from mopar. if you want to use a gun to apply then this guy everyone says has the right formula. http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/index.htm sixpackfrank@aol.com

I know the Mopar "stuff" has been said to actually be "too blue" in color for the Turquoise even tho, the "cap" on the can shows it to be a close match......

I've ALSO heard that Alpine Green AND Detroit Diesel Blue are almost exact matches for the Mopar Turquoise...

if you are using a can then you won't find an exact match. you will have to settle for close enough. none of the can stuff out there is an exact match including the stuff from mopar. if you want to use a gun to apply then this guy everyone says has the right formula. http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/index.htm sixpackfrank@aol.com

I'll be checking into this link to find out more! Thanks Joey!

Heres what I have

Alpine-Green.gif

This ----^

IS this: Plasti-Kote Engine Paint "225 Alpine Green"

I've ALSO heard that Alpine Green AND Detroit Diesel Blue are almost exact matches for the Mopar Turquoise...

Alpine-Green.gif

I went into NAPA today and saw a can of Diesel apline green and it Does look real close (or close enough for me) Has anyone Tried it on their engine?

-
Back