Engine Detail Tip

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
that chrome thermostat you have on there mopar performance? it start leaking? ......yet? justa fyi those suckers are notorious for either leaking from the get-go, or warping after a few heat cycles, etc. justa heads up :)

yep they belong in the recycling only. mancini racing now has billet ones or i just get a stock cast iron one from the parts stores. MP is "hecho in tawain or mexico".

Thats what I have heard,after the fact.Dam.
Running to the garage to get the cast iron one prepped.

Went back to the cast iron t-stat housing today.

Picture 288.jpg

johnny, for safety sake, use a metal fuel filter. those can be used for diagnosing fuel problems, but can be a fire hazard.

heres another tip you might can use sometime,save the lids for your spray can,the if you need to touch up something,just spray some paint in the lid and dip away with your q tip,or paint brush.when you get done,let the paint dry in the lid,and you can put it back on.

Liking these tips, when I physically take possession of the '71 Swinger I am getting, which should happen next weekend (Apr27-28), I am working on a list of what needs to be taken care of & what I am thinking of doing, to add my touch to it. So, I will be checking out a lot things here.

Liking these tips, when I physically take possession of the '71 Swinger I am getting, which should happen next weekend (Apr27-28), I am working on a list of what needs to be taken care of & what I am thinking of doing, to add my touch to it. So, I will be checking out a lot things here.
Don't fret the peanut gallery.
Glad it helped you.
PS: Welcome to the site.

At least it's not a for sale ad from 2005 asking if the part is still available... :BangHead:

-
Back