engine high on driver side

-
I leveled the car today, the best I could and ensured the garage floor was level-ish but close. by using a 6 ft. Level and measured from the k mem. Bolt to the top of the level that was on the floor and my findings are the driver side frame rail is 3/8 higher then the passenger side ...I'm not sure if there is tolerance built in to the car for that , being that it's an all steel car

Dale, you'll really need to create a datum plane under the car. This is an imaginary reference point to which height measurements are done. If you look in a factory service manual at the body measurements you will see a datum plane on the drawing. Most technicians don't know what this is because the modern computers have one stored in their data base, and then the computer adjusts to each vehicle. A datum plane could be imagined as a flat surface under the vehicle that all height measurements are based off. I would say an acceptable tolerance in the 60s and 70s would be about 1/4 + -

The mounts really only fit one way. It's not like the biscuit mounts that can set high on one side if you aren't careful. Time to start measuring things.

Dale, you'll really need to create a datum plane under the car. This is an imaginary reference point to which height measurements are done. If you look in a factory service manual at the body measurements you will see a datum plane on the drawing. Most technicians don't know what this is because the modern computers have one stored in their data base, and then the computer adjusts to each vehicle. A datum plane could be imagined as a flat surface under the vehicle that all height measurements are based off. I would say an acceptable tolerance in the 60s and 70s would be about 1/4 + -

The mounts really only fit one way. It's not like the biscuit mounts that can set high on one side if you aren't careful. Time to start measuring things.
Hey Jim...thanks for the in put I believe I need to start measuring some frame work..just a little info on the car. 67 barracuda, 73 front clip all new equipment. I have had this car for 35 years, its never been wreaked....Its a full tub/back half with 29 18.50. Roll bar and a full 2x3 frame. This car is 95% completed ...Im thinking something went south during the frame work ...i was told that all the frame work was measured and correct. I'm not so sure about that...I will let yall know what the out come is soon. thanks again

-
Back