Engine Run Stand

-

589charger

Reaction score
I want an engine run stand. I have some fab skills. I just want something really decent, without paying over $2,000. Just seeing if anyone has something that would work?

I build run stands for every motor I build and it works as a delivery stand also.
1" angle X 1/8" will hold any engine if you gusset it, If you are just breaking in a cam you don't need 2" square tubing to hold it. A 24' piece is like $20.00

Did you mean 200 dollars? You should be able to fab one up for next to nothing, junkyard/spare radiator included. Rod

No he’s Correct or close to it.
1”x1”x 1/8” angle for a 21’ piece is under $30 from a steel supply place. I would go a little beefier but I understand it’s just for breaking in cams so only stress is really weight of engine.
Joe

engine.JPG
engine 1.JPG

Joe[/QUOTE] I bought this stand off the net for around $375 delivered. I added some steel for the rad. I would say I have around $600 total in the rig.

Last edited:
I built one a few years ago, for around $400 it’s on nice casters and is fully self contained, fuel cell, alternator and ignition with full gauges.
I have since used all the parts off it but the casters and the metal frame.
I will sell it if you are interested.

I have seen more than one engine run sitting on the ground...

It really builds out nice. All dimensions are included so the trial and error is all but eliminated. WIth a few minor mods it can fit most any engine. And, it folds to not use up the whole shop when it's not in use. He did a good job with the plans.

I built one a few years ago, for around $400 it’s on nice casters and is fully self contained, fuel cell, alternator and ignition with full gauges.
I have since used all the parts off it but the casters and the metal frame.
I will sell it if you are interested.
Thank you. I think I’m going to try my hand at this. But, if I change my mind or hear of someone else I will let you know.

It is a little wider than it needs to be but I like it like this. Very solid when I push it around. This picture is not a finished shot. It is missing the cross brace at the front of the engine connecting the front wheels. The battery tray behind/below the bell housing and the fuel cell (red gallon plastic container) tray under the fuel pump. Wheels are from Harbor Freight.

Still fooling around with the control panel.

Box beam that fits into box beam is as simple as it gets. It completely breaks down and can be stored in an area as wide as the radiator 6 inches deep. Long rails on the floor. It is very compact when it’s broken down for storage
9F17545A-912B-4312-B3CD-54336FE36A3E.jpeg

It is a little wider than it needs to be but I like it like this. Very solid when I push it around. This picture is not a finished shot. It is missing the cross brace at the front of the engine connecting the front wheels. The battery tray behind/below the bell housing and the fuel cell (red gallon plastic container) tray under the fuel pump. Wheels are from Harbor Freight.

Still fooling around with the control panel.

Box beam that fits into box beam is as simple as it gets. It completely breaks down and can be stored in an area as wide as the radiator 6 inches deep. Long rails on the floor. It is very compact when it’s broken down for storage
View attachment 1715289295

I like it, you got to have big wheels, nice job

There large enough to get the hoist under.

20170414_192237.jpg

Built this out of leftover tubing. 40 bucks for casters. Use your imagination and cobble together whatever fits your needs.

View attachment 1715289429
Built this out of leftover tubing. 40 bucks for casters. Use your imagination and cobble together whatever fits your needs.
I like it! Simple and efficient. Got the whole auto trans there. What do you do for electronic ignition/control panel? Guess you could just add it and wire it all up? Nice.

-
Back