Engine V.I.N Question

-

Ron816

Mopar forever
Reaction score
I have a 68 date coded 383 that has a blank V.I.N. pad, im assuming it was a warranty replacement, my question is does not having a V.I.N. make it any more valuable?

If you’re talking about the pad down by the oil pan rail being blank then none of the pads were stamped for 68’s. In 68 there are numbers stamped on top of where the block mates the bell housing but I forget whether it’s the last few digits of the vin or the s.o. number.

I have a 68 date coded 383 that has a blank V.I.N. pad, im assuming it was a warranty replacement, my question is does not having a V.I.N. make it any more valuable?

Not to me it wouldn't.
The engine being date code correct for the car would make it somewhat more valuable than it not being DCC.

my question is does not having a V.I.N. make it any more valuable?

Then you can get some stamps and make it numbers matching for any car of that year....
twocents.gif

Is it out of a 68 or 69 Dart? The VIN not being there will make no difference in price, only if the original born with engine is in there. If it is a 68 then the last 8 digits of the VIN will be on the bellhousing rail on the drivers side top.

-
Back