EQ heads Jegs

-
Cheap until machining, valves, springs and stems come into play.

Jake

The link shows bare. It’s good deal assembled.

Jake

I have a set of the bare version at a shop now. Going to see what it actually costs me once they are done. I bought them from Jeg's when they had a sale going on just to try them. The castings look good and reputation of the EQ heads is pretty good, from what I have read.
Whether you get bare version or the assembled version, have a high quality machine shop check the valve job and valve guide clearance. Also realize these are cast as stock Magnum replacements, so if you plan on big lift numbers you may have to have the guides shortened a little at the top. Factor these costs in, then compare it to what IMM sells them for ready go, already checked, corrected, and set up for your cam specs.
The listing on Jegs site says max valve lift is .510". Not sure if there is a little more room there or not, but most stock Magnums can get away with a little more than that if it's not too aggressive in valve timing events.

Last edited:
For another 400$ you can get Brians with cut down guides , Ferrea 2.02/1.60 stainless valves , Beehive springs/retainers and a really good valve job that flows much better. That is really cheap HP !

Mild street engine so the smaller valve version should work,comp cam 20-6049 is what I have for a cam to use. Anyone on the board here sell some that are checked and bolt on ready?

The link shows bare. It’s good deal assembled.

Jake

..........If they are assembled RIGHT.......Been some posts "around" about budget priced EQ heads "assembled" No idea if these are "good" or "bad." I bought mine from Brian. Think he was a good guy to deal with

Center of home page ^^^^^.... Listed as 4670b...Mile high Dart.

The last set of EQ heads I bought were garbage. Had to touch up almost every valve and 2 of the guides. Not to say that they all are, but this was my experience. I would still get them checked out by a machinist.

-
Back